aphex twin is one of Bennnn Jordan's aliases right?

Dude there are 5 N’s in Bennnnn

Oh no no  aphex twin IS indeed one of Bennnn Jordan's aliases, but Bennnnn Jordan is one of AFX's Aliases, er.. afx not aphex twin. Common mistake.

And it's worth mentioning that Polygon Window is a colab effort between afx and Bennnn Jordan.

OH and afx is NOT AFX... common mistake.

Also AFX is both Heorge Garrison AND Jennnn Bordan.

That should clear up any misunderstandings.

Edited by Brisbot

Man I love footwork, Collapse EP is basically footwork and Aphex Incarnate. You can tell the whole EP is kind of his take on footwork.

Makes me sad that we're about to hit page 145. It would have been poetic to end on 144. This page as had it's ups and downs, it's villains and heroes, but let's see where the story of this thread goes during 145. 

I am kidding

Edited by Brisbot

Yeah I know.... It's all my fault. My deep seeded insecurity caused the thread to implode.

On an unrelated note I dig your music BCM. I used to play your music out on occasion during the "come down" part of the set :). Er I haven't DJed in quite a while.

I meant seeded. It'll be seated in the future. I was trying to use colorful language and word play with the term.

One day I'll admit the seed is there and it will sit comfortably in my consciousness and hell I'll probably sleep better at night.

Edited by Brisbot

this is the wurst thread on watmm

Man I love footwork, Collapse EP is basically footwork and Aphex Incarnate. You can tell the whole EP is kind of his take on footwork.

Makes me sad that we're about to hit page 145. It would have been poetic to end on 144. This page as had it's ups and downs, it's villains and heroes, but let's see where the story of this thread goes during 145. 

I am kidding

I can lock it if everyone wants.

:)

Please don't, I'm enjoying myself, somewhat at my expense but... *shrug*

I'm in a good mood, I just got hired somewhere I've been aiming for. I just feel good.

Edited by Brisbot

:) thanks bulk. The insecurity I felt nearly the whole time going for my degree (last semester) for the past several years just dissipated. No more of that constantly wondering if the degree will pay off or not.

I'm surprised how good it feel for the continuous nagging in the back of my mind "you are wasting years of your life" is just gone. 

I haven't been able to walk for more than a minute for the better part of 2 years either due to, er... health issues, and now I'll be able to have more than enough money for treatment. Think $100,000 or so in cash for a knee replacement and some other surgeries (well more or less, need to both drain and fix a leg with edema issues due to major injury, fluids been built up for 2 years now, your leg just doesn't quickly 'fix itself' after the underlying issue is fixed)

I've basically been confined to a room for a year now and finishing up my degree.

So there's more here than just 'getting a good job'. Just this massive, humongous wave of relief. I know I'm sharing too much personal info, but I just don't care right now. I haven't felt this good in several years. OF course I probably have another few months of this being stuck in a room shit but Just seeing the end of the tunnel is phenomenal.

Don't take feeling... decent.. or basic functions like walking for granted.

Ok I'm done. I'm gonna look at this post later and cringe AF.

Edited by Brisbot

Come to think of it collapsing the wrong way is basically what my knee did. Maybe that's what I have against foot work. Imagine your leg doing an 'L' shape in the wrong direction. Yup. I fainted though at the time.

Though that whole comment about footwork was meant to come off as over the top sarcastic and jokey. That's my weird sense of humor. Like I don't give a crap about footwork or not footwork. So it's funny to me when someone does. It is a shitpost not meant to mean anything.

Eh I shouldn't have written it if I have to explain it. I keep posting stuff I think people will get when there's not enough information there to get something. I am really bad about that.

Oh well... so much dopamine in my brain right now guys for the past 3 hours. Not looking forward to the come down and reading my dumb posts again. lol. No one is here right now so I can't VENT my relief anywhere else so I apologize for this topic my temporary uh... thingy.

Edited by Brisbot

144 flew by! Still some excellent footwork in this thrizzle.

Congs brisbot. And looking forward to your footwork chops if the knees back from state of collapse. And thanks to richie you know that after the collapse melodies follow! ;)

that abundance track is fuckin lush

I've come around to it. At first I found it rlly boring (maybe relatively so given the rest of the tracks on the EP are uh, high octane or whatever) but it's great.

that abundance track is fuckin lush

Ending just hits me out of nowhere every single time I put it on. Serious skills, like he's taken the greatest pads out of the SAW 85-92 era, the greatest melody out of the HAB era, the greatest drum programming out of the Drukqs era, and the greatest bass work out of the Syro/Cheetah era and just whacked them all into a few minutes, making this new amazing post-Aphex Twin concoction that sounds super new/innovative but super old/familiar at the same time, giving it this timeless aesthetic which really to me is the perfect way to progress his sound. He couldn't be more generous putting all of my favourite bits of his wide discography into some new masterpieces and letting us hear it, I feel spoiled,  Emotion is off the charts aswell, so so so serene and melancholic. Great track.

Ever noticed how electronic dance music was fairly shit until aphex? ....he gets a pretty free ride in my book on the him sounding like people thing as most people owe him quite a bit in terms of sound and philosophy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i'd say music overall is shit besides our lord and savior aphex, and also maybe the brainwaltzera tracks where he rips off aphex instead of BoC

is it brainwaltz-ERA or brainwaltzer-UH