• 6 months later...

just watched this don't know if it was posted yet

• Like 15

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Collapse EP is among his strongest releases on my book. I’m sure I‘ll get roasted for saying this but as far as EPs are concerned I would put it over CTD and WindowLicker. The video Weirdcore made is also fucking with the legendary Cunningham videos as well, though I would still say WindowLicker is his best. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:57 PM, Hail Sagan said:

The Collapse EP is among his strongest releases on my book. I’m sure I‘ll get roasted for saying this but as far as EPs are concerned I would put it over CTD and WindowLicker. The video Weirdcore made is also fucking with the legendary Cunningham videos as well, though I would still say WindowLicker is his best. 

Agreed... if you hadn't mentioned Windowlicker. That song alone (nevermind the EP) is probably the greatest song he's released.

The Collapse EP is excellent, and easily in the top 5 Aphex EPs

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2020 at 2:54 AM, markedone said:

I gave this full ep a dedicated headphone listen last night for the first time in a while.. completely blown away by how good each track is, my favorite has shifted between every one at different points.

the sheer level of detail in each track must have taken loads of concentration if he is still sequencing everything to record in one take as on syro..

also, a detail i had kind of forgot about is the last minute of 1st 44; how the track sequencing breaks down and becomes super loose, showing off all the crazy samples and sounds that were used but in isolation.  i would love to hear the end of the track as a sound-test on a massive sound system because each sound is so lush on its own.  1st 44 is definitely my new favorite.

I could be wrong but it sounds to me like some of the audio near the end is recorded from a long distance away from where its being played, like reverb but just recording from a different location. You can hear what sounds like a huge reverb but it sounds like its outside, just a thought, aphex has mentioned something special about how moving though the air changes sound in a special way. loving this EP more recently.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Joyrex unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

trying once again to get into this ep cause I knew I wasn't getting it...

MT1 t29r2 is a masterpiece, those acid harps and those christmas jingle bells at the end... jingle bells Richie? only you... btw nothing will ever top this track...

Spoiler

for now...

pthex deep acid bass line is bonkers

there's enough to chew on these 2 bad boys for at least one year...

production wise, specifically the drums on this ep, sound completely fresh, like nothing ever done before...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1