There will be 2 CD editions for Japan - regular and limited. Fairly certain the regular will be a standard digipak with the limited being a card recreation of the vinyl sleeve like previous Japanese Aphex EPs. Not much deviation from the domestic releases beyond the inevitable obi strip and sticker thrown in, but can also confirm no bonus tracks.

I definitely like the track but can't wait to hear the rest. I'm sure the true "gem" will be in there somewhere. For me it's never the Aphex singles that have the magic. Come To Daddy has the godly Flim. Cheetah has like 4 better tracks than the single (Imo) etc. 

he's a nostalgist who peaked in the late 90s. he's obsessed with gear now and has been for the last decade. if you're looking for innovation there are other artists. i think aphex has settled nicely into making extremely good electronic music that is still built around a pop framework, which is what he's always done well. his days of pushing the genre ahead are probably over.

you asked where there was for him to go--and I just think that since he's fucking aphex, there's a lot of places he'd have the ability to go musically. but otherwise, yeah, i completely agree.

Edited by Guest

he's a nostalgist who peaked in the late 90s. he's obsessed with gear now and has been for the last decade. if you're looking for innovation there are other artists. i think aphex has settled nicely into making extremely good electronic music that is still built around a pop framework, which is what he's always done well. his days of pushing the genre ahead are probably

he'd need to know music theory a lot more in order to push the envelope and it seems like he's not interested in that. which is very weird to me because the only limiting factor in music composition is your knowledge of theory imo. 

no

It's funny. I was even there live for this song in houston, and I didn't really like the track all that much, washed out and couldn't hear much of the detail. hearing it in Hi-Fi on headphones it really shines though. Love the little flangy bits, and subtle reverb changes and compression and gating going on in the background, and ratcheting on the drums with that super tight timing. It's growing on my with each listen.

EDIT: if we get the primavera track in this release I will bust a nut.

Edited by Bubba69

While he has sustained the same electronic style for the last 15 years, and gotten very good at it, the thought that he won't innovate again is pretty absurd in my humble opinion. That is what this guy does, he has got 30-40 more years of making music (hopefully), he's probably already got some next-level material with all the new stuff he has gotten recently, such as the MIDI-mutant device, remember even this tune was probably made in 2014/2015 around the same time as Marchromt (that filtered percussion in the back of the mix in the third act really reminds me of the crazy snare in marchromt), so he is just throwing us some amazing post-Syro work atm, the dude has got the potential for absolutely fresh new ideas. I really don't think the question is if he will change the game again, it's when.

he was already very good at this style 15 years ago though. IMO analord and rushup edge are better / more interesting sound design-wise than anything he's released this decade. (maybe someone can explain how they feel he's progressed? ppl who know analogue synths might get it more than me)

and as for the second thing, people were saying the same thing when syro came out (in relation to the tuss), when computer controlled instruments came out, when orphaned deejay selek came out, when cheetah came out...

Edited by Guest

and as for the second thing, people were saying the same thing when syro came out (in relation to the tuss), when computer controlled instruments came out, when orphaned deejay selek came out, when cheetah came out...

yea my ears feel a bit saturated by that sound, might just b me tho

Boshed together a personal 'hi-res' version of the vid using source 1080 and the 24bit wavular. Shame about the pootube compression mashing the visuals, but some part of me thinks that might have been intentional lo-fi. That aside, it slurps like one luvly AV muthafukka.

PiHYPh.gif

I really feel like I'm missing something with the Ltd edition...What's the point of it? I was just gonna pick this up when it hits phonica but you guyz are making me question whether I should spend £7 extra for an extra sleeve which doesn't look as good as the normal one

Ya, good point... got it anyway?

the 2nd half of T69 collapse is so fuckin smooth, cant wait to have it in full quality

A bit of a nitpick, but I wish he kept the one bit near the end of the crazy breakdown like in the live version. Also wish it had the little Piano synth solo instead of it just coming in with the drums. Other than that, this track is amazing and I can't wait till the HQ version is released.

That was my favourite bit!!

?! Did anyone notice the little BOAT on th play bar on afxBleep?! ?

So, the fact they did not use this 3d dingsbumps on the label of the rec seems just like missed oppurtunity to me

Also site says Casket instead of Basket now ☺️ Great

Edited by Guest

I don't know what it is but his new stuff sounds "thin" to me. I'm assuming the mastering is great for dynamic range or something.. maybe I got used to super compressed modern mastering? I remember thinking this when I heard Xmas Eve for the first time. I still prefer the muddy live recording of that one before it was released. 

There will be 2 CD editions for Japan - regular and limited. Fairly certain the regular will be a standard digipak with the limited being a card recreation of the vinyl sleeve like previous Japanese Aphex EPs. Not much deviation from the domestic releases beyond the inevitable obi strip and sticker thrown in, but can also confirm no bonus tracks.

Doesn't even look like they're giving a sticker :/

Every release I got from Beat Records in the past had a little sumthin extra, but none of the Japanese outlets mention anything.

So does the Ltd vinyl give you anything other than a different cover? Think ill just walk into a shop and buy the normal one, seems much easier

It gives WARP/RDJ a few extra quid per unit :dadjoke:

Surely hope this one gets 16, 42 or 69 bonus tracks on afXbleep....

Have you guys seen that on Bleep, all other aphex records (except for the ones that already mainly feature the logo) also have gotten the Collapse treatment?

KMee3G4.png

Yeah, weird that they skipped those. That would be funny Edited by Guest

Doesn't even look like they're giving a sticker :/

Every release I got from Beat Records in the past had a little sumthin extra, but none of the Japanese outlets mention anything.

Beatink product page states sticker included with domestic edition

new track is 10/10, he's perfect at being himself while at the same time bringing something new to the table. This is great music making.