I really feel like I'm missing something with the Ltd edition...What's the point of it? I was just gonna pick this up when it hits phonica but you guyz are making me question whether I should spend £7 extra for an extra sleeve which doesn't look as good as the normal one

Ya, good point... got it anyway

I bought it since I was at Day for Night, so figured it was kind of special. Seriously the best festival I've been to.

Also, it was $30. I spend more on pizza delivery.

Have you guys seen that on Bleep, all other aphex records (except for the ones that already mainly feature the logo) also have gotten the Collapse treatment?

KMee3G4.png

The Windowlicker one is hilarious

I don't know what it is but his new stuff sounds "thin" to me. I'm assuming the mastering is great for dynamic range or something.. maybe I got used to super compressed modern mastering? I remember thinking this when I heard Xmas Eve for the first time. I still prefer the muddy live recording of that one before it was released. 

I think it's hard to mix this kind of thing. A lot of the background acid lines are quiet and the drums are way up front, including heavy repeated kick drums. So the mix needs lots of room so the kicks don't sound thin but they don't overpower the track either. It's got a similar sound to syro mastering I think. Drukqs was kind of a similar situation, the tracks are so busy that the mixing needs to cut a lot of bottom end off. I personally like the mastering of this release though. Not too compressed but still very loud and punchy.

Also the primavera track has been CONFIRMED to be on the new album (via shazam lol). Mt1 T29r2

Also, anyone  notice that the that T69 collapse has the exact synth loop as the t69 field day track at a certain point?

Edited by Bubba69

Heh, the bleep picture of the vinyl clearly shows a record that looks like it has seven tracks on the one side. I know they just used a stand-in because they don’t have the real ones yet but it made me laugh, given earlier speculation about this being a secret album.

Heh, the bleep picture of the vinyl clearly shows a record that looks like it has seven tracks on the one side. I know they just used a stand-in because they don’t have the real ones yet but it made me laugh, given earlier speculation about this being a secret album.

I also spotted that someone got busy with the potatoshop over at blüüp...  :fear:

potatofrf7r.png

I realize opinions wildly differ when it comes to RDJ, as he scratches different itches for many of us. But he's been putting out music for over 30 years at consistently great quality. We're really fortunate he's still creating, releasing tunes, and playing live. 

This track fucking rules and I won't let anyone tell me otherwise. But I can understand how anything new will feel underwhelming, stacked up against his past. He's set a crazy standard to meet. 

Heh, the bleep picture of the vinyl clearly shows a record that looks like it has seven tracks on the one side. I know they just used a stand-in because they don’t have the real ones yet but it made me laugh

I also spotted that someone got busy with the potatoshop

Please don't post 5 times per page. I understand youre very excited and giddy and have lots of exclusives that are freely available on the Web but try to keep tabs on how much you're posting. Scrolling through it can be a chore.

Get into a sport.

Edited by Schlitze

I also spotted that someone got busy with the potatoshop

Please don't post 5 times per page. I understand youre very excited and giddy and have lots of exclusives that are freely available on the Web but try to keep tabs on how much you're posting. Scrolling through it can be a chore.

wat  :cat:

lol at this thread, new track is ace and everyone is bitching about the process of purchasing it.

New page = new start for those getting a liiiiittle bit overexcited

Sorry man, I have to get a little excited because I finally got to watch the video after getting home from work. One of the best music videos I've seen. I loved weirdcore's aesthetic.

Some of the code at the start of the video is a slightly mangled version of the .json files that the Cirklon sequencer saves. If you freeze the track near the start you can see what instrument he named each output track of the Cirklon after.