cassetter8d89.png

"Five from the top, three from the bottom

but only two from the middle."

:shrug:

Odd. I'd noticed the text on that but didn't zoom, I'd assumed it was just the tracklist.

plain orange cover would be better than the map collapse one tho tbqh ffs bbq

Pleased I managed to bag the limited edition vinyl.

The track is now on Apple Music if anyone wants to stream it.

Edited by njk84

I really like T69 Collapse, and the video does what so few videos do these days: perfectly complements and enhances the track. Like Alex Rutterford's Gants Graf video, which this reminds me of.

He's doing what he does best here. Making what would be otherwise inaccessible wonderfully accessible. This track bangs.

Nice track - I was getting a bit tired of the 'Syro' (later tracks) sound and beat structures, having got  hold of everything AFX new since then (don't shoot me, I can't help such reactions) - but this track has some of the 'extra elements' that say, The Tuss had, which seems to bring it up a level and makes for more surprises. On the other hand, I'm not sure why many respond negatively to  (a small minority) of others want more innovation, or why 'innovation' (it's a hard word to use and define) is seen as undesirable vs a traditionally great, solid, decent track (as if there were opposition between the two.) I think Aphex Twin IS someone you would have gone to for this? I mean, don't we remember our minds being blown by his past works - hearing Windowlicker the first time, or Drukqs? Or The Tuss? Or Analord 10? I'm kind of still craving a 54 cymru beats experience for the new era, but get how some of his new stuff is as detailed and wonderful in more subtle ways.

PS - I know people get irritated by my posts like these, but if you can't express a range opinions in a forum like this, it's all a bit pointless. Hoping for something totally surprising or extra in new Aphex isn't negative, it's positive!

good post

field day lp/dfn ep and fuji tape were very surprising to me and pretty sure this ep will be 2 (that primavera track was something totally different, hope it's on there)

def a nice new track, i don't wanna overplay it but i can't resist going back ughgh

I really like T69 Collapse, and the video does what so few videos do these days: perfectly complements and enhances the track. Like Alex Rutterford's Gants Graf video, which this reminds me of.

He's doing what he does best here. Making what would be otherwise inaccessible wonderfully accessible. This track bangs.

Yeah! Had the same thought about the Rutterford video when watching this (though, in his case, apparently he did every frame sync by hand - can you friggin' imagine?!!)

There's nothing 'corporate' about the word 'innovative'...

I work for a development company and I hear that word daily.  It's watered down and soulless... so definite corporate connotations here.  Maybe it's a regional thing?

The baseline that begins around :28 is so sweet. I could listen to a full album of just that melody.

Edited by LOL Alzado

I work for a development company and I hear that word daily.  It's watered down and soulless... so definite corporate connotations here.  Maybe it's a regional thing?

Yup I get definite corporate connotations from that word. I think the problem with it is that it's both passive and general - it doesn't tell you what was innovated, how, or who did it.

cassetter8d89.png

... take a guess at the locations in which the tracks were recorded. five overall, three recorded in cornwall, two in london. might also relate to the locations shown in the video?

I work for a development company and I hear that word daily. It's watered down and soulless... so definite corporate connotations here. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Yup I get definite corporate connotations from that word. I think the problem with it is that it's both passive and general - it doesn't tell you what was innovated, how, or who did it.

That’s the fault of the speaker being an inarticulate knob, it’s not inherent to the word itself

I work for a development company and I hear that word daily. It's watered down and soulless... so definite corporate connotations here. Maybe it's a regional thing?

That’s the fault of the speaker being an inarticulate knob, it’s not inherent to the word itself

There's some truth to that but (at the risk of indulging in pedantry) I think it's inherent in the word as well. For one thing, it's an adjective as opposed to its verb form "innovate" so the subject (innovator) is lost and you're already poised to create a duller, less meaningful sentence structure.

And for another, getting away from connotations, trends, and corporate buzzword culture taking a shit on everything, it's vaguer than, say, "intensify", "abbreviate", "complicate", or even "blend", etc. In other words, what kind of innovation are we talking about here? What did he do to innovate in the past?

cassetter8d89.png

... take a guess at the locations in which the tracks were recorded. five overall, three recorded in cornwall, two in london. might also relate to the locations shown in the video?

it got me thinking of the countdown numbers round

cassetter8d89.png

Ooh rachel riley

There's some truth to that but (at the risk of indulging in pedantry) I think it's inherent in the word as well. For one thing, it's an adjective as opposed to its verb form "innovate" so the subject (innovator) is lost and you're already poised to create a duller, less meaningful sentence structure.

And for another, getting away from connotations, trends, and corporate buzzword culture taking a shit on everything, it's vaguer than, say, "intensify", "abbreviate", "complicate", or even "blend", etc. In other words, what kind of innovation are we talking about here? What did he do to innovate in the past?

https://www.businessinsider.com/innovate-or-die-a-mantra-for-every-business-2013-7

“Innovate...or die.”

Edited by Extralife

I wondered if it had anything to do with the map on the cover. The majority of the image is of the Redruth area, from Portreath harbour down to Stithians reservoir, but there's a strip at the top which is the Porthleven area.

Me too!

Gave it a proper listen with good headphones, video playing full screen and at home.. Loved it.. and need more. Thank you Phex and Weirdcore. 

I guess in that context your comment makes sense, yeah. Sorry. But hey, there's much worse out there right? :)