cassetter8d89.png

"Five from the top, three from the bottom

but only two from the middle."

:shrug:

... take a guess at the locations in which the tracks were recorded. five overall, three recorded in cornwall, two in london. might also relate to the locations shown in the video?

it got me thinking of the countdown numbers round

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering Ae dropped 8 hours of music that year with no hype but a facebook post it was a bit much for a 25 minute EP 

So, I uh, might have somewhat spur of the moment (but not really, been wanting this for a while) put a system in my car. Was initially going to just upgrade speakers but my wife talked me into going m

Without fanfare? There was an international marketing campaign rivalling the blimp and BOC treasurehunt

Posted Images

cassetter8d89.png

:shrug:

... take a guess at the locations in which the tracks were recorded. five overall, three recorded in cornwall, two in london. might also relate to the locations shown in the video?

Ooh rachel riley

There's nothing 'corporate' about the word 'innovative'...

I work for a development company and I hear that word daily. It's watered down and soulless... so definite corporate connotations here. Maybe it's a regional thing?
Yup I get definite corporate connotations from that word. I think the problem with it is that it's both passive and general - it doesn't tell you what was innovated, how, or who did it.
That’s the fault of the speaker being an inarticulate knob, it’s not inherent to the word itself
There's some truth to that but (at the risk of indulging in pedantry) I think it's inherent in the word as well. For one thing, it's an adjective as opposed to its verb form "innovate" so the subject (innovator) is lost and you're already poised to create a duller, less meaningful sentence structure.

And for another, getting away from connotations, trends, and corporate buzzword culture taking a shit on everything, it's vaguer than, say, "intensify", "abbreviate", "complicate", or even "blend", etc. In other words, what kind of innovation are we talking about here? What did he do to innovate in the past?

https://www.businessinsider.com/innovate-or-die-a-mantra-for-every-business-2013-7

“Innovate...or die.”

Edited by Extralife

I wondered if it had anything to do with the map on the cover. The majority of the image is of the Redruth area, from Portreath harbour down to Stithians reservoir, but there's a strip at the top which is the Porthleven area.

Me too!

Gave it a proper listen with good headphones, video playing full screen and at home.. Loved it.. and need more. Thank you Phex and Weirdcore. 

There's nothing 'corporate' about the word 'innovative'...

I work for a development company and I hear that word daily.  It's watered down and soulless... so definite corporate connotations here.  Maybe it's a regional thing?

I guess in that context your comment makes sense, yeah. Sorry. But hey, there's much worse out there right? :)

But hey, there's much worse out there right? :)

S Y N E R G Y

(Seriously I have heard managers use this term without irony in the last 6 months, which blew my mind)

But hey, there's much worse out there right? :)

S Y N E R G Y

(Seriously I have heard managers use this term without irony in the last 6 months, which blew my mind)

Urgh... I just felt my kidneys cringe.

I've actually heard "blue sky thinking" used several times at my previous job. Redundancy turned out to be a blessing!

Moving forward, I think we should all regroup, collaborate, and reach out to prospective clients. We need to innovate and get our blockchain ready for critical mass.

Moving forward, I think we should all regroup, collaborate, and reach out to prospective clients. We need to innovate and get our blockchain ready for critical mass.

...and think outside the box.

disruption

let's touch base in the morning

I'll go ahead and schedule a Slack meeting so we can put our heads together and think outside of the box. I'll CC you both into the Outlook invite.

Long term AFX-fan and long-term WATMM lurker here, just have to leave my comment. 
The feelings which are caused by this song are first and foremost euphoria, then joy and gratitude.
​Thank you dear Mr. Phex.  :cool:
For my part, I do very much hear innovation, especially in terms of song structure, details and execution.
Thanks you for listening, bye.

I'll go ahead and schedule a Slack meeting so we can put our heads together and think outside of the box. I'll CC you both into the Outlook invite.

Key stakeholders need this by close of play today

I'll speak with Jolene, see if she can shuffle around the charity weenie-roast in support of involuntary celibates, see if we can accommodate this Slack meeting - it's officially crunch time.

Waaaait a minute. You all haven’t taken your Myers/Briggs personally tests yet. You are not authorized to use workplace language yet.

I’m failing to see the red thread here. We need an agile workflow.

I'll install JIRA on the production server, great suggestion jules! This is exactly the kind of attitude we need around here — high on blue sky tomorrows!