No one else getting massive Bacon Mountains vibe from the T69 vid?

I like APhex and Bacon  so this is a fucking gamechanger for me. 

If he isn;t reinventing the music-wheel, so to speak, I'd like to thank Richard for making me think of Bacon Mountains (copyrighted)

post-702-0-04462100-1533770721_thumb.png

just placed buy order for the ltd vinyl and cassette... no prob. 

also, did anyone notice/mention the glass house AFX apparently lived in makes an appearance in the vid? looks like the one... at 3:59

Yeah I noticed that just now - it's the building from the Elephant and Castle roundabout that he was/is rumoured (falsely) to have lived in. Cheeky putting that in there!

As for the track, loving it more with each listen. Nice to hear a marriage of his funkier and harder sides.

Came home from a walking trip to find out it'd been released yesterday, but it can't be that limited as I bagged both ltd's from the Bleep store about 8pm this eve.

Not to be pretentious but Aphex like this is what I've been waiting for since like.. I don't know... Smojface EP.

There's a spirit that feels like it's returned here, of course in a new light, Syro, Orphans, Cheetah, are amazing but didn't satisfy that headfuck element that some of his earlier stuff has. This does- while still being musical and smooth. An excellent fusion of styles. Only listened once and I can tell it's gonna get better with each listen.

This track is massive. Couple spots have me goosebumps. The video is insane. 10/10.

30 minute ep will be dope. Just have to not burn out on this track though...

Edited by jules

This track is massive. Couple spots have me goosebumps. The video is insane. 10/10.

30 minute ep will be dope. Just have to not burn out on this track though...

This will be some highly concentrated Aphex goodness. Video for each song?

Not to be pretentious but Aphex like this is what I've been waiting for since like.. I don't know... Smojface EP.

There's a spirit that feels like it's returned here, of course in a new light, Syro, Orphans, Cheetah, are amazing but didn't satisfy that headfuck element that some of his earlier stuff has. This does- while still being musical and smooth. An excellent fusion of styles. Only listened once and I can tell it's gonna get better with each listen.

i think i know what you mean, that feeling was there on syro a bit. xmas_evet and marchrom have that classic afx vibe more than anything else for me, in terms of recent releases at least. it's coming in full force on collapse though for sure

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I honestly think this dude can do no wrong. Analord? Amazing. The Tuss? Incredible. Syro? Next level. Cheetah? Fucking dope. Collapse? Dear god yes.

Edited by LOL Alzado

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I honestly think this dude can do know wrong. Analord? Amazing. The Tuss? Incredible. Syro? Next level. Cheetah? Fucking dope. Collapse? Dear god yes.

I can't think of anything by him that I've found mediocre that's for sure

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I honestly think this dude can do know wrong. Analord? Amazing. The Tuss? Incredible. Syro? Next level. Cheetah? Fucking dope. Collapse? Dear god yes.

I love Cheetah but sometimes I can’t handle how the kicks treat my monitors on the vinyl. They are fucking brutal

i think i know what you mean, that feeling was there on syro a bit. xmas_evet and marchrom have that classic afx vibe more than anything else for me, in terms of recent releases at least. it's coming in full force on collapse though for sure

I remember flipping out at Day For Night when T69 was played in the rain. I had no idea what was going on. Figured it was an aphex track, but had no real idea. It was just chaos and yet obviously totally controlled. The video component, seeing all the stuff I saw on those big stage screens kind of culled together, and added to with extreme intensity for a flattened out version, with a specific vision; just blew me away. guess I should be on the video thread. But this was more about hearing the song for the first time and feeling totally fucking fulfilled upon viewing the video. And sort of feeling the same way about it having that mind fuck element I really love about past work. To me this track is like hearing Bucephalus Bouncing Ball for the first time. It just kind stopped me dead in my trax. This has a similar syncopation style and rhythmic structure in the break down and is quite astonishing to hear upon multiple listens in a row.

It's funny. I was even there live for this song in houston, and I didn't really like the track all that much, washed out and couldn't hear much of the detail. hearing it in Hi-Fi on headphones it really shines though. Love the little flangy bits, and subtle reverb changes and compression and gating going on in the background, and ratcheting on the drums with that super tight timing. It's growing on my with each listen.

EDIT: if we get the primavera track in this release I will bust a nut.

I remember flipping out at Day For Night when T69 was played in the rain. I had no idea what was going on. Figured it was an aphex track, but had no real idea. It was just chaos and yet obviously totally controlled. The video component, seeing all the stuff I saw on those big stage screens kind of culled together, and added to with extreme intensity for a flattened out version, with a specific vision; just blew me away. guess I should be on the video thread. But this was more about hearing the song for the first time and feeling totally fucking fulfilled upon viewing the video. And sort of feeling the same way about it having that mind fuck element I really love about past work. To me this track is like hearing Bucephalus Bouncing Ball for the first time. It just kind stopped me dead in my trax. This has a similar syncopation style and rhythmic structure in the break down and is quite astonishing to hear upon multiple listens in a row.

around the 1:56 part of the track when the drugs started creeping in and things get weird i wish the AAAAAAPHHEEXXXXXXX rubber johnny bit was in there

Edited by yek

Incredible track. Proper Drukqs/Syro hybrid. Visuals are insane too, best music video I've seen in a long time.

Managed to grab the ltd vinyl from the AFX store. Guess it makes sense to buy *everything* there from now on, what with Rich adding bonus tracks to stuff.