The bass and drums in the final third of the song kick so much ass. It’s like Syro mixed with the power of Drukqs, amazing stuff really.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering Ae dropped 8 hours of music that year with no hype but a facebook post it was a bit much for a 25 minute EP 

So, I uh, might have somewhat spur of the moment (but not really, been wanting this for a while) put a system in my car. Was initially going to just upgrade speakers but my wife talked me into going m

Without fanfare? There was an international marketing campaign rivalling the blimp and BOC treasurehunt

Posted Images

It's funny. I was even there live for this song in houston, and I didn't really like the track all that much, washed out and couldn't hear much of the detail. hearing it in Hi-Fi on headphones it really shines though. Love the little flangy bits, and subtle reverb changes and compression and gating going on in the background, and ratcheting on the drums with that super tight timing. It's growing on my with each listen.

EDIT: if we get the primavera track in this release I will bust a nut.

Not to be pretentious but Aphex like this is what I've been waiting for since like.. I don't know... Smojface EP.

There's a spirit that feels like it's returned here, of course in a new light, Syro, Orphans, Cheetah, are amazing but didn't satisfy that headfuck element that some of his earlier stuff has. This does- while still being musical and smooth. An excellent fusion of styles. Only listened once and I can tell it's gonna get better with each listen.

i think i know what you mean, that feeling was there on syro a bit. xmas_evet and marchrom have that classic afx vibe more than anything else for me, in terms of recent releases at least. it's coming in full force on collapse though for sure

I remember flipping out at Day For Night when T69 was played in the rain. I had no idea what was going on. Figured it was an aphex track, but had no real idea. It was just chaos and yet obviously totally controlled. The video component, seeing all the stuff I saw on those big stage screens kind of culled together, and added to with extreme intensity for a flattened out version, with a specific vision; just blew me away. guess I should be on the video thread. But this was more about hearing the song for the first time and feeling totally fucking fulfilled upon viewing the video. And sort of feeling the same way about it having that mind fuck element I really love about past work. To me this track is like hearing Bucephalus Bouncing Ball for the first time. It just kind stopped me dead in my trax. This has a similar syncopation style and rhythmic structure in the break down and is quite astonishing to hear upon multiple listens in a row.

around the 1:56 part of the track when the drugs started creeping in and things get weird i wish the AAAAAAPHHEEXXXXXXX rubber johnny bit was in there

Edited by yek

Incredible track. Proper Drukqs/Syro hybrid. Visuals are insane too, best music video I've seen in a long time.

Managed to grab the ltd vinyl from the AFX store. Guess it makes sense to buy *everything* there from now on, what with Rich adding bonus tracks to stuff.

i'm calling it. this will be the best 4-track ep he's ever released. t69 + primavera track combo is just too good.

I see the Field Day track have been identified? But where was the primavera track identified as possibly appearing on the Collapse EP?

Video is great, this is what I wanted from my Amiga a600, many, many years ago.

Are you saying this because of the demoscene vibes you got from the video? Same here with the 3d ascii text business, though of course much more advanced.

Also, anyone else get the feeling Richard and Weirdcore saw this Orbital Video and thought to themselves, "Hey, let's make this same video but turn it up to 11!"?

this preview track is well nice, looking forward to the rest.  its a bit more upbeat than the cheetah stuff.

more wobble :)

Well back in the day, that wasn't really complimentary about AFX  :emotawesomepm9:

tumblr_lxpkxnpiqJ1rn9cujo1_1280.jpg

Video is great, this is what I wanted from my Amiga a600, many, many years ago.

Are you saying this because of the demoscene vibes you got from the video? Same here with the 3d ascii text business, though of course much more advanced.

No, it was because it reminded me of the type of visual that were around when I first listened to Aphex stuff.

I’m an old man :)

The demoscene stuff is new to me, will have a look at what’s going on.

Thanks.

cassetter8d89.png

"Five from the top, three from the bottom

but only two from the middle." :shrug:

... take a guess at the locations in which the tracks were recorded. five overall, three recorded in cornwall, two in london. might also relate to the locations shown in the video?
it got me thinking of the countdown numbers round
Ooh rachel riley

Well, possibly...but he's an old-timer, so he's probably more intae Carol Vordermanhosbn..?
T69 collapse song length is 5:23

post-18200-0-79220600-1533820320_thumb.png

cassetter8d89.png

"Five from the top, three from the bottom

but only two from the middle." :shrug:

... take a guess at the locations in which the tracks were recorded. five overall, three recorded in cornwall, two in london. might also relate to the locations shown in the video?

it got me thinking of the countdown numbers round

Ooh rachel riley

Well, possibly...but he's an old-timer, so he's probably more intae Carol Vordermanhosbn..?

T69 collapse song length is 5:23

Noice spot  :ok:

i'm calling it. this will be the best 4-track ep he's ever released. t69 + primavera track combo is just too good.

I see the Field Day track have been identified? But where was the primavera track identified as possibly appearing on the Collapse EP?

The "Day for Night" track (t69 collapse) was never really identified. More like an educated guess that the track would be on this based on the track title and how it's similar to the other "T69" on the field day album. As for the Primavera/Field Day track, people used the Shazam app to listen to the recording, and "MT1 T29 r2" is what shazam identified it as.

Edited by popeonarope

Hell all the rest of the tracks is 6 mins long, this will be great i think :-)!

So do I! Where did you see the track times?

Bleep shows them

eXdGxkM.png