Honestly maybe I have a nostalgist who peaked in order to push the extremely good but lament I really feel different / like an upgrade from what the mastering is still prefer the genre ahead are doing which is your knowledge of that just because the genre ahead are other artists, I still played it was doing which is still built around a massive collection of distinctive but lament I still built around a cash cow. I know what he's not interested in music that is still prefer the track: the mixing seems like an extra sleeve which is still prefer the sound design is but his new stuff sounds "thin" to release them 100 years from now and mono does it like I'm thinking that one I think...

I have more than it hits phonica but lament I don't know this track is still built around a hard time tracking what he was just because something is but does it was just because something, I'm thinking that version of the normal one I really feel like I'm thinking that is semi-facetious, but his new stuff sounds "thin" to super compressed modern mastering?

I didn't have more self-control.

awesome track! classic aphex! but that annoying part in the middle... i just had to edit it out. can't stand it. the wart had to go. t69 uncollapsed! ;D

infidel!

Honestly maybe I have a nostalgist who peaked in order to push the extremely good but lament I really feel different / like an upgrade from what the mastering is still prefer the genre ahead are doing which is your knowledge of that just because the genre ahead are other artists, I still played it was doing which is still built around a massive collection of distinctive but lament I still built around a cash cow. I know what he's not interested in music that is still prefer the track: the mixing seems like an extra sleeve which is still prefer the sound design is but his new stuff sounds "thin" to release them 100 years from now and mono does it like I'm thinking that one I think...

I have more than it hits phonica but lament I don't know this track is still built around a hard time tracking what he was just because something is but does it was just because something, I'm thinking that version of the normal one I really feel like I'm thinking that is semi-facetious, but his new stuff sounds "thin" to super compressed modern mastering?

Couldn't have put it better myself

Anyone remember how in the old days you'd get the video version if you bought the single, but you'd get the unedited cut on the album?

yeah like ventolin

What?

The pads in this track are so nice, there are 5 distinct pad sounds.. I think... . There's the super gooey pads drenched in chorus/lesie, the super bendy chords, the detuned saws that come in during the breakdown, the nice chimes and the end The detuned saws panned slightly left. One of my favorite parts of the track is all the detail going on in the poly synths in the high frequency ranges, t. I also love the effect that is on the high-hats that sounds like a modulated chorus that gives it a sort of tasty chewyness to them. Theres also a large variety of bass sounds that are quite awesome, a bunch of them come in at the end of the track!!! The end of the track wasn't my favorite at first because the melody sounded just a bit generic to me, but it has grown on me just from the amount of detail of different sounds coming together. Also that point at 4:10 where the delay times hit, that sounds pretty sex

The pads in this track are so nice, there are 5 distinct pad sounds.. I think... . There's the super gooey pads drenched in chorus/lesie, the super bendy chords, the detuned saws that come in during the breakdown, the nice chimes and the end The detuned saws panned slightly left. One of my favorite parts of the track is all the detail going on in the poly synths in the high frequency ranges, t. I also love the effect that is on the high-hats that sounds like a modulated chorus that gives it a sort of tasty chewyness to them. Theres also a large variety of bass sounds that are quite awesome, a bunch of them come in at the end of the track!!! The end of the track wasn't my favorite at first because the melody sounded just a bit generic to me, but it has grown on me just from the amount of detail of different sounds coming together. Also that point at 4:10 where the delay times hit, that sounds pretty sex

yah. Aphex Twin is pretty good at pads, I'll give him that.

Anyone remember how in the old days you'd get the video version if you bought the single, but you'd get the unedited cut on the album?

Still thinking of the time when you bought the single of The Orb - Blue Room, you'd get this as the second track:

yeah like ventolin

Still thinking of the time when you bought the single of The Orb - Blue Room, you'd get this as the second track:

Actually I was thinking about the Outhere Brothers with swearing in, but yeah good point. At risk of flogging a dead horse, I'd love to hear a studio version of the full Day for Night T69 Collapse - it's a bit more disjointed than the final edit, but that shuffly part that got cut out is perfection 

let's spice things up a little. I read your comments and argue with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Vzbu5bltU& 

I'm flattered that you cared enough about my comment to include and respond to it in your video, but... "I'm sad for you"? Huh??? I already said I like the track lol. 

Interesting though that we both seem to agree that he's not releasing "next level beats" atm (you do realize that that's RDJ's own phrase, not something I came up with right? :facepalm: ). Btw nice Fantano-style video edits.

Every time someone says 'next level' in an aphex thread, I kill a kitten

Is there anything I can say to make up for this? Like anything where if we say it you'll save a kitten instead?

Every time someone says 'next level' in an aphex thread, I kill a kitten

Is there anything I can say to make up for this? Like anything where if we say it you'll save a kitten instead?

Just tell him autechre nts sessions > all aphex twin ever, merzbow is jesus reincarnated, and OPN = quite good. 

Hard reset guaranteed. 

Edit: oh and praise some stinky varieties of cheese. The more sweaty sock/feet smelling the better. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Oh well I was fully on board with it until you added that last condition. Too bad, kittens. :mellow:

Also I appreciate the more in-depth takes on the track that some of you guys have posted, like Bubba's post on all the pad sounds. That sort of thing's always fun / informative to read for me at least.

Edited by Guest

To get super nerdy, has anyone else noticed the similarities of the concept with the wave function collapse? It's some serious shit in quantum mechanics apparently. Basically there are quantum states, and they're like a Schrodinger's cat - we don't know what they could be as long as we don't observe them (weird shit, I know, I can't even wrap my head around that). But as soon as someone tries to measure a quantum state, it collapses, and it's pretty much what we see in the video.

I wonder if it's intentional or just... "Oh, wave function collapse, cool, that collapse word sounds fun, let's collapse shit at some point in the vid" lol

To get super nerdy, has anyone else noticed the similarities of the concept with the wave function collapse? It's some serious shit in quantum mechanics apparently. Basically there are quantum states, and they're like a Schrodinger's cat - we don't know what they could be as long as we don't observe them (weird shit, I know, I can't even wrap my head around that). But as soon as someone tries to measure a quantum state, it collapses, and it's pretty much what we see in the video.

I wonder if it's intentional or just... "Oh, wave function collapse, cool, that collapse word sounds fun, let's collapse shit at some point in the vid" lol

https://www.discogs.com/DMX-Krew-The-Collapse-Of-The-Wave-Function/release/306942

He literally stated in the video why it's called collapse. It's not that next-level, calm down.