I'm still amazed that almost no one here gives a shit about not getting to hear a full studio version of collapse/has a view on why the abridged version is better

Edited by bunty

yeah i liked that part too

Its like an intermediate part - you've got the nice relatively orderly parts at the start and the end, and the collapse in the middle,  but the part where the collapse becomes orderly has been cut out :( plus it's bouncy as fuck

Edited by bunty

yeah i liked that part too

Its like an intermediate part - you've got the nice relatively orderly parts at the start and the end, and the collapse in the middle,  but the part where the collapse becomes orderly has been cut out :( plus it's bouncy as fuckb

Plus I like the way it harks back to 2:50-3:04 (old version)/2:24-3:34(video version)

Edited by bunty

I received a personal private e-mail from bleep this morning that the hot new ep from aphex twin was available wrapped in tin foil.  I decided to take the plunge and pre-order.  Immediately downloaded the single and went for a nice drive in the country to play my new aphex song for the various animal types roaming the countryside, those lucky enough to be within earshot of my vehicle.  Needless to say everyone was truly grooving & simultaneously collapsing within nature.  

Every time someone says 'next level' in an aphex thread, I kill a kitten

Is there anything I can say to make up for this? Like anything where if we say it you'll save a kitten instead?

autechre nts sessions > all aphex twin ever

Finally, some common sense in this thread.

Edited by NorthernFusion

I received a personal private e-mail from bleep this morning that the hot new ep from aphex twin was available wrapped in tin foil.  I decided to take the plunge and pre-order.  Immediately downloaded the single and went for a nice drive in the country to play my new aphex song for the various animal types roaming the countryside, those lucky enough to be within earshot of my vehicle.  Needless to say everyone was truly grooving & simultaneously collapsing within nature.  

:)

Do y'all ever think he'll get back in to DSP.

Don't think he ever got out of it. I'm guessing you really mean, will he make tracks like he used to on RDJ album etc (i.e. primarily/solely using a computer instead of the whole analogue synths/hardware sequencers thing). Answer is that he probably still is, but computer hardware and capabilities have vastly improved so it's hard to tell the difference between hard and software produced tracks. Will we ever get anything that has the same aesthetic and sound palette as RDJ album et al? I don't think so.