To get super nerdy, has anyone else noticed the similarities of the concept with the wave function collapse? It's some serious shit in quantum mechanics apparently. Basically there are quantum states, and they're like a Schrodinger's cat - we don't know what they could be as long as we don't observe them (weird shit, I know, I can't even wrap my head around that). But as soon as someone tries to measure a quantum state, it collapses, and it's pretty much what we see in the video.

I wonder if it's intentional or just... "Oh, wave function collapse, cool, that collapse word sounds fun, let's collapse shit at some point in the vid" lol

funny you should mention that - richard gave an explanation in this 2014 interview of how the aphex twin logo is supposed to work:

“It's a sigil. You think of something that you want to happen, then you turn it into something that looks like a magic symbol, and then you put it out in the world, and it works,” James said. “It does … But if you tell anyone what the symbol means, then it will stop working. I’ve got a new [sigil] that’s been in development for ages but it’s not looking right yet.”

i guess you're talking about the idea that once something is 'observed' or 'discovered' (e.g. cat in the box) that it changes state, and the reality of it becomes fixed in its nature.

maybe the new video is supposed to show the aphex logo 'collapsing' into its true, understood state? is the world finally ready for the real meaning after 26 years??

I had a dream about this EP last night. It went like this:

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

He obviously already understands theory since he makes microtonal music. Notation and theory are different things. Western music notation is good for showing pitches and rhythms, but is pretty awful at describing sound.

Just to get a bit more than a little pedantic, electronic music is very modern and you can literally record it. You don't have to write it down on a piece of paper anymore. This kind of music is based more in timbre than anything else. How would you write a filter sweep in western notation? It's dog shit at that kind of stuff.

aphex_twane-kickibn_ass_solo[autumn-mix].ra

"slap__+2nbassWMD5a"

To get super nerdy, has anyone else noticed the similarities of the concept with the wave function collapse? It's some serious shit in quantum mechanics apparently. Basically there are quantum states, and they're like a Schrodinger's cat - we don't know what they could be as long as we don't observe them (weird shit, I know, I can't even wrap my head around that). But as soon as someone tries to measure a quantum state, it collapses, and it's pretty much what we see in the video.

I wonder if it's intentional or just... "Oh, wave function collapse, cool, that collapse word sounds fun, let's collapse shit at some point in the vid" lol

funny you should mention that - richard gave an explanation in this 2014 interview of how the aphex twin logo is supposed to work:

“It's a sigil. You think of something that you want to happen, then you turn it into something that looks like a magic symbol, and then you put it out in the world, and it works,” James said. “It does … But if you tell anyone what the symbol means, then it will stop working. I’ve got a new [sigil] that’s been in development for ages but it’s not looking right yet.”

i guess you're talking about the idea that once something is 'observed' or 'discovered' (e.g. cat in the box) that it changes state, and the reality of it becomes fixed in its nature.

maybe the new video is supposed to show the aphex logo 'collapsing' into its true, understood state? is the world finally ready for the real meaning after 26 years??

He's just fucking around. If he gives you an honest answer the magic ends.

theory is not writing music down. Its understanding tension and release. I Iv V chord structures. natural minors relating to major scales etc. 

Not notation

cool. Yeah. Apex is already using theory with his ears. He's very tonal.  He moves stuff around until he likes it. Like most ear trained musicians. Theory just explains what has worked. Its an assbackward way of working. Might help with a writers block

I had a dream about this EP last night. It went like this:

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Hmmm smells like carrots and throw up

:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

theory is not writing music down. Its understanding tension and release. I Iv V chord structures. natural minors relating to major scales etc. 

Not notation

you're right, I stand corrected. Although if you understand chords and stuff subsequently you know the notation. I mean not like writing notes on a paper notation, but like this is C and E and G and they make up C major notation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytVS-wzN6PU

I feel like this is one of those tracks I almost like better slower in some ways. The intro actually sounds more natural at this speed. Reminds me of Analord more

Lush - I've intentionally only played the real track a couple of times, it's really nice to examine it at this speed.

I use PayPal to buy from Bleep for that reason. Can't buy a lot of things from non US countries with my card without phoning the bank and letting them know ahead of time.

shit somebody cloned my card in Southampton and it's being used in India... That's why it wasn't working shit fuck

I use PayPal to buy from Bleep for that reason. Can't buy a lot of things from non US countries with my card without phoning the bank and letting them know ahead of time.

shit somebody cloned my card in Southampton and it's being used in India... That's why it wasn't working shit fuck

sorry about that lad, and also, it has leaked, to my ears at least, anyone elses?