I will hold my fucking ground on this one.

I already regret it. I absolutely hate the shitty quality of the audio but I can't stop repeating the tracks because they are blowing my mind. Like I love every track on this EP already. More than anything on syro, more than most things on the tuss, and more than any of the recent EPs. I'm going to burn out on them and then won't be able to fully appreciate the full quality release.

I think my faves in order might be 1 .1st 44 2. pthex 3. mt1 4. abundance 5. t69 collapse. - hard to say though, any of those preferences could change.

Edited by Bubba69

This is the first legitimately NEW Aphex.  Syro was great, but it felt more like "best of" than new. The black sheep on this EP to me is T69 Collapse. It's still a fantastically done and nice lush tune, but It's the only one that sounds dated. The rest sounds unlike anything else we've heard before other than a few classic Aphex bells and whistles darted throughout the tracks. Pthex is next level AFX.

Edited by popeonarope

yeah, so this is really good. other tracks probably better than collapse even, abundance doesn't really get going til the 2nd half, but aside from that it's all really great. 2nd track I like in particular, bit of a departure from his previous stuff. shame about the shitty quality, lots of details being missed (especially lots of harmonic stuff in #2, which I'm guessing will gain a lot more musicality in the proper version)

This is the first legitimately NEW Aphex.  Syro was great, but it felt more like "best of" than new. The black sheep on this EP to me is T69 Collapse. It's still a fantastically done and nice lush tune, but It's the only one that sounds dated. The rest sounds unlike anything else we've heard before other than a few classic Aphex bells and whistles darted throughout the tracks.

100% agreed

caved.... and love.... holy shit. All the "next level" jokes aside.. This is definitely NEW SHIT. I've never heard anything like 1rst 44 from the Phex Man. Well it's clearly him but fresh as nuts. 

MT1 t29r2 is packed full of little earworms. Had to laugh at the little jingle bells towards the end of the track. It's a nice touch :biggrin:

Can anyone id the break in the second half of this track? It's the same one as in Astronaut by luke vibert (plug). I've been hunting for it ever since I heard the vibert track. Noice rimshot

This is such a fucking good EP. I'm a little ashamed to be so surprised at how awesome this is. Really early to make such a claim.. but right now I think this blows Syro and every EP after that out of the water. 

I will hold my fucking ground on this one.

we can make it lads

Ya for sure, but I can't read anymore responses from those that have listened to this supposed sub-par leak and are sharing their thoughts here in this thread.  It's equal parts frightening and exciting.  And I think riding that out seems worthy until "release" day.

Kind of expected A1 to be the "banger" on this one, like on a lot of his releases, but sounds like Latte is in for a treat?

Edited by Guest

Kind of expected A1 to be the "banger" on this one, like on a lot of his releases, but sounds like Latte is in for a treat?

Far from the banger. Do your best to hold out a little longer for the 320. Wish I did, but I have poor self-restraint.

Edited by popeonarope

Haha^^ So it is really THAT good guys?! Ur making it verry dificult for me to wait, hahaha

In my currently super hyped opinion.. Collapse is the weakest track (still good) ..everything else is top tier. Emotive, complex percussion, eerie. This might sound trite but even the bass is huge sounding. I’d almost equate it to drukqs style but more refined/controlled. I fuckin’ love it.

This is the first legitimately NEW Aphex. Syro was great, but it felt more like "best of" than new. The black sheep on this EP to me is T69 Collapse. It's still a fantastically done and nice lush tune, but It's the only one that sounds dated. The rest sounds unlike anything else we've heard before other than a few classic Aphex bells and whistles darted throughout the tracks.

100% agreed
fuckin' A, man. I have been waiting for this kind of material since Syro, since there has been so much back log material out (which is great in its own right.) Hearing T69, following after the London LP, I was starting to doubt that he would venture out much further than that. I will try to manage my expectations, but, I am very excited