I know what this community needs... more elitism and gatekeeping, right?  :mu-ziq:

What we need is more people reading our comments into a camera and responding to them on video at length. Truly peak forum is when the forum is abandoned entirely and we can each monetize our opinions while also boosting our egos.

I almost feel like T69 collapse was a necessary track to lead this ep. It's similar enough to the acid + breaks trip we've been on since essentially analord. but it also collapses away from that and into new territory. In that way, it's the perfect gateway to the otherworldly tracks we hear for the remainder.

if this ep had started with 1st 44, our heads would have completely exploded. Or we would have thought it was a fake. It's almost as if Richard wanted to make sure that we could handle the new direction that he's taking us. He cares about us guys. He really cares about us.

t69 collapse is very reminiscent of syro whereas the others are just something else entirely. curious if he'll still do a xmas_eve era release in the future (or sprinkle a few on the warp store?), i love both directions a lot. still can't get over abundance though, i feel like listening to the "manchester track" 6(?) years back.

t69 collapse is very reminiscent of syro whereas the others are just something else entirely. curious if he'll still do a xmas_eve era release in the future (or sprinkle a few on the warp store?), i love both directions a lot. still can't get over abundance though, i feel like listening to the "manchester track" 6(?) years back.

manchester track, my fav actually. so this has to be good :-D!

Edited by indulin

Truly peak forum is when the forum is abandoned entirely and we can each monetize our opinions while also boosting our egos.

so... chatmm in a nutshell

this album so good it's unreal, what a mindblowing trip! best album since the tuss

MT1 is kinda meh  :wacko:

lol get the fuck out of here man, track is mental, some of his best stuff

maybe they'll grow on me, I guess I'm just really not into footwork and juke. I got past it in 2011 I guess https://radology.bandcamp.com/album/sueta-nebitiya

Weird seeing it make a come back in such form and also quite unexpected that it's coming from Aphex Twin. but hey, it's just our opinions, right

maybe? in a month you will be eating your hat for saying the shit you just did m8 lol

but yeah what a weird comeback and 1st 44 is def influenced by jlin/footwork, amazing fantastic track

all tracks are 11/10 no discussion

Truly peak forum is when the forum is abandoned entirely and we can each monetize our opinions while also boosting our egos.

so... chatmm in a nutshell
CHATMM quit paying me years ago, my lulz/posts ratio wasn't up to snuff. If only I were more racist. Edited by auxien

I don't understand how Aphex Twin can be influenced by some artist making fancy footwork from Gary, Indiana. After 30 years of making music and setting trends and basically inventing genres I thought he was sort of above that. It's like when you're THAT good and famous, you can't let yourself say "well this drum part was sort of inspired by Iglooghost" like seriously wtf.

Also don't understand how anyone can be legitimately from Gary, Indiana.

I don't understand how Aphex Twin can be influenced by some artist making fancy footwork from Gary, Indiana. After 30 years of making music and setting trends and basically inventing genres I thought he was sort of above that. It's like when you're THAT good and famous, you can't let yourself say "well this drum part was sort of inspired by Iglooghost" like seriously wtf.

Also don't understand how anyone can be legitimately from Gary, Indiana.

Umm he’s been influenced by different genres and artists his entire career — rave, ambient techno, jungle, etc. Why is this any different?

Thoughts as I'm listening.... 1st 44 - Is this even Aphex Twin? Don't like the reverb tails on the percussion or whatever gives it that unpleasant sloppiness... hmmm.
Ok more percussion. So far not intrigued.
fucking cowbells ruining it all the way.
What is this, african tribe rhythms?
Yes, the first real aphex-twinesque thing comes in and that's the detuned pad (duh)
SCRATCHING??? da hell
What was that loud scream?? so many questions
Oh yes, some cool distorted rhythm is coming through, so far a little better
Ok so... Kicks and sloppy reverb? Not sure I'm loving it
Done, well, that was unexpectedly bad, got my excitement down a bit

lol

life is too short for this purist shit, just listen to it and enjoy the exhilaration, instantaneous and life-affirming abundance, high hats and sauntering arrangements, brain-scrambling noise and much much more

paid trolls from russia

doing all we can so that he never visits our disgusting country. and baking some stale buns in the meantime.