Checked it out too... I don't know, I hate to be a snob but I kind of find it not... sophisticated enough? And that actually made me like the EP a lot more now, glad to hear a different and unique perspective on the genre.

lickneonlights you seem to think you're an authority on music

and that's why it's irritating to read your posts

lol

says the authority on posting on watmm. everybody's an authority on his or her opinion. please don't get your tights twisted. love and peas. love you two

edit: @ hi spi

Edited by goDel

Checked it out too... I don't know, I hate to be a snob but I kind of find it not... sophisticated enough? And that actually made me like the EP a lot more now, glad to hear a different and unique perspective on the genre.

spi you seem to think you're an elitist with a refined sophisticated taste in music, not accessible to ordinary peasants

but I still love you

also go eat a duck leg on video instead of picking on someone who's just casually discussing music. yes, we get it, you're a condescending prick. no need to remind us

Edited by Guest

>footwork

>obscure

lol

Keyword was relatively, but I’m glad you could use my comment to continue to prove you’re an elitist asshole. Edited by DavieAddison

I'm def not a fan of everything footwork related, but a lack of sophistication sounds to me like a lack of dancefloor ears, if you will. guessing you're more an armchair kind of listener.

lol@dancefloor ears. definitely needed for some electronic genres. 

I'm def not a fan of everything footwork related, but a lack of sophistication sounds to me like a lack of dancefloor ears, if you will. guessing you're more an armchair kind of listener.

lol@dancefloor ears. definitely needed for some electronic genres. 

;D

yeah, well, it has been a scientific fact that autechre on big speakers pumping loud, sounds completely different to headphones bedroom style of listening. if you haven't been to an ae gig, you haven't listened to ae is all i'm sayin :)

you're a nice dude but your opinions are objectively the worst and I think we can prove it scientifically

ok maybe not your opinions in general but that one for sure

Edited by span

Are people looking for permission to listen to footwork? It seems to me that a footwork-influenced Aphex EP is generating some discussion, but that's about it.

Cheers.

Others, pardon me if I was overly pragmatic. I am always enthusiastic to talk about a genre I love deeply, especially as there's not a lot of deep discussion about it here on WATMM.

I feel like it's really hard to have a genuine discussion here without someone making it super negative and snarky.

you're a nice dude but your opinions are objectively the worst and I think we can prove it scientifically

an opinion is by definition subjective span

also I know you're joking 

>footwork

>obscure

lol

Keyword was relatively, but I’m glad you could use my comment to continue to prove you’re an elitist asshole.

When did I deny that?

get on my level bitch :^)

my first gig was their untilted tour. it gave me an entirely new perspective on that album. the pieces of the puzzle fell into place that night. which it didn't at first, doing the armchair thing. some music needs to explode from speakers in a huge space. to come alive. footwork is similar.

anywho, new afx yay!! :D

edit: @chronic

Edited by goDel

spi you seem to think you're an elitist with a refined sophisticated taste in music, not accessible to ordinary peasants

but I still love you

also go eat a duck leg on video instead of picking on someone who's just casually discussing music. yes, we get it, you're a condescending prick. no need to remind us

Why was this text so smol?

e2b0a808e92cbf6bd22d8cd49b56a49b.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

my first gig was their untilted tour. it gave me an entirely new perspective on that album. the pieces of the puzzle fell into place that night. which it didn't at first, doing the armchair thing. some music needs to explode from speakers in a huge space. to come alive. footwork is similar.

anywho, new afx yay!! :D

edit: @chronic

aw man that must've been great, untilted is amazing in an armchair even :) curious if they'll release the other soundboards from last year but yeah back to AFX.. fuck yeah! abundance gets better every time and I fell in love with it on my first listen. 

also @lickneonlights you objectively, forum wise posted some pretty stupid shit during peak hype times. WATMM is generally really friendly  :sleep:

also @lickneonlights you objectively, forum wise posted some pretty stupid shit during peak hype times. WATMM is generally really friendly  :sleep:

WATMM is never friendly unless you praise Autechre first