no that's a normie gif

also yeah twin peaks is way beyond an EP but I still had that scene in my head listening to it :catrecline:

for some reason the bottom text didnt show so here's an edit

also mark frost named my monologue :)

Edited by chronical

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Collapse EP. The synthesis is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of low frequency oscillation most of the sounds will go over a typical listeners head. There's also Richards influence, which is deftly woven into his sonic characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Paradox dnb, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these breaks to realize that they're not just sick- they say something deep about RAVE. As a consequence people who dislike Collapse truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the message in the T69 video which itself is a cryptic reference to 'bass kicks in and the tempo starts slowing down, it's like a collapse of sorts' . I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those skrillex simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Richards genius wit unfolds itself on their smartphone. What fools.. how I pity them.

emptyquote

I have a feeling aenamnesis is exaggerating about his IQ too, maybe just trying to mask over other issues he has with themself. Or if they are of very high IQ then needs to not be a bellend and learn what modesty is and how it gets better results in the real world.

Ha, no beef really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UojjrMrW96g

https://eprom.bandcamp.com/album/samurai-ep

footwork and trap influenced/by aphex twin

This is new stuff to me. Haven't listened to the other tracks yet but the track at  27min is really great, thanks for the tip! To me it sounds very Braindance, like Vulva or Ovuca. Maybe this album (available on Spotify btw) might help me remain master of my domain...

Really like T69 collapse. Wonder if I'll get the "WOW" feeling I did when I first heard drukqs. That was my first Aphex Twin experience. I then worked back through his stuff. I'll never forget when I first heard Wax The Nip. Absolutely amazing!!!

drukqs was my first one asswell and i got that WOW feeling with this one, hope you guys will 2

Yeah, let's hope! :)

are you still master of your domain?

:)

I am master of mine (besides T69 Collapse I listened to like once for the video!)

I've been listening only to T69 collapse on repeat in 2116

but not the others until sept 14

am I still in the game, master of my domain? :)

watmm, are you still in the game?

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

This is new stuff to me. Haven't listened to the other tracks yet but the track at 27min is really great, thanks for the tip! To me it sounds very Braindance, like Vulva or Ovuca. Maybe this album (available on Spotify btw) might help me remain master of my domain...

Its mark pritchard, teenage friend of aphex twin, releasing an album on warp records.....

This is new stuff to me. Haven't listened to the other tracks yet but the track at 27min is really great, thanks for the tip! To me it sounds very Braindance, like Vulva or Ovuca. Maybe this album (available on Spotify btw) might help me remain master of my domain...

Its mark pritchard, teenage friend of aphex twin, releasing an album on warp records.....

Haha yeah I bet I'm the last person on this forum to hear this. I don't keep up with Warp releases in any way. This forum and Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist is basically the only place where I discover new music.

Haha yeah I bet I'm the last person on this forum to hear this. I don't keep up with Warp releases in any way. This forum and Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist is basically the only place where I discover new music.

That is one of the rare records I bought without hearing any of it or knowing a single thing about it before hand. The girl working there at the time knew I was a Warp fan and pretty much peer-pressured me into picking it up. Being the easily influenced/intimidated nerd that I am, I did.  My horizons were expanded that day. 

edit: the record store is Sweat Records in Miami. It has a mural of Richard Twin painted on the store-front and for how small it was, had a fantastic collection of experimental stuff. 

Edited by Vaaler9

:) Soz I didn't mean to come across as a dick, and it's not immediately obvious who the alias belongs to

https://youtu.be/NXDCiur_rM0

Does anyone feel like I do that T69 Collapse only 'works' in the context of the video (Weirdcore did an amazing job syncing up the visuals to the beats)? I've tried listening to the song sans video, and it seems like it's missing something (the "collapse" part of the song is really jarring without the visuals as well IMO)...

Does anyone feel like I do that T69 Collapse only 'works' in the context of the video (Weirdcore did an amazing job syncing up the visuals to the beats)? I've tried listening to the song sans video, and it seems like it's missing something (the "collapse" part of the song is really jarring without the visuals as well IMO)...

I concur.. very much so. I'm a little bit mystified as to why that was the single for this EP. Every other track is a fuck load more interesting.... Hoping more Weirdcore vids are made for more tracks. 

Well I'm still a flagellating miserable monk. Fuck you Amen Warrior!

*sighs* 

tbh I've been off  work since Monday with a sinus infection and totally blocked (as in deaf) left ear, resulting in severe headaches behind my right eye. Right state. So I'm kind of housebound and bored. I got a steroid spray for my sinus on Monday from doctor, I got olive oil drops for my blocked ear which is to be syringed on Monday (which sounds fantastic, nurse is gonna do both, IDM will sound beast) and I've been taking painkillers for the headaches. And drinking wine to knock me out and make me sleep instead of gulping down a gallon of beer and annoyingly needing to piss a bucket from my bladder while just on the cusp of dropping off. Inbetween this all I've really done is sit on this fucking thread and fry my fucking brain. 

I cannot wait to get back to work tomorrow, anything has to be better than this!!

Edited by beerwolf

It's missing the other tracks, it's a great openings track for a flawless record that should be listened to as a whole

i find it pretty stupid they release 1 track and you gotta wait for a month for the rest, ugh

and yes there are some lush acid farts on there