Really like T69 collapse. Wonder if I'll get the "WOW" feeling I did when I first heard drukqs. That was my first Aphex Twin experience. I then worked back through his stuff. I'll never forget when I first heard Wax The Nip. Absolutely amazing!!!

drukqs was my first one asswell and i got that WOW feeling with this one, hope you guys will 2

Yeah m8 - I had a friend who was deep into direction n'such so got introduced to Aphex via Chris Cunningham vids and was peripherally aware of SAWII and RDJ album, but my first "real" Aphex album was Drukqs (got it when it had just dropped). It was also my first real foray into electronic music (beyond ravey stuff like crystal method and whatnot)

I remember popping that shit in the car, and the 1/2 punch of Jynweythek Ylow->Vordhosbn just fucking floored me. Remember thinking "oh, shit YES - this is the shit I've been looking for."* Instant, eternal love. 

Anyway, this is all to say, this EP is givin' me all the feels, in the same way. Like crawling in a desert for miles and miles, and you're so thirsty that you've gotten beyond thirst, like your brain can't even remember what water IS (because to remember would utterly shatter your spirit, given its absence), and you crest a dune and, laid out before you in the glistening sun is a sumptuous oasis, pools of crystal clear water ringed by the most resplendent fruit trees, coconuts, strawberry patches, mangoes, and you slough your weary body to the edge and with your last breathe of effort roll yourself into the pool as the wash of water cascades over your parched skin, spilling into your mouth, exciting every pore of your skin, washing the filth and decay and hurt of so many miles, so many sojourns, until you emerge, cleansed and free, devouring the life-giving nourishment of the bounty of nature that surrounds you, tearing with abandon through this garden of eden, dancing, eyes empty and aghast, to the sounds of god-like music that is coming from around you, in you, through you, the rhythms of planets colliding and the melodies of heaven leaking through the crystal spheres of the sky, until you collapse on your back, sated, refreshed, empty, reborn anew, utterly spent, fully alive. 

So. Yeah, pretty "wow" for me. 

Really like T69 collapse. Wonder if I'll get the "WOW" feeling I did when I first heard drukqs. That was my first Aphex Twin experience. I then worked back through his stuff. I'll never forget when I first heard Wax The Nip. Absolutely amazing!!!

drukqs was my first one asswell and i got that WOW feeling with this one, hope you guys will 2

Yeah m8 - I had a friend who was deep into direction n'such so got introduced to Aphex via Chris Cunningham vids and was peripherally aware of SAWII and RDJ album, but my first "real" Aphex album was Drukqs (got it when it had just dropped). It was also my first real foray into electronic music (beyond ravey stuff like crystal method and whatnot)

I remember popping that shit in the car, and the 1/2 punch of Jynweythek Ylow->Vordhosbn just fucking floored me. Remember thinking "oh, shit YES - this is the shit I've been looking for."* Instant, eternal love. 

Anyway, this is all to say, this EP is givin' me all the feels, in the same way. Like crawling in a desert for miles and miles, and you're so thirsty that you've gotten beyond thirst, like your brain can't even remember what water IS (because to remember would utterly shatter your spirit, given its absence), and you crest a dune and, laid out before you in the glistening sun is a sumptuous oasis, pools of crystal clear water ringed by the most resplendent fruit trees, coconuts, strawberry patches, mangoes, and you slough your weary body to the edge and with your last breathe of effort roll yourself into the pool as the wash of water cascades over your parched skin, spilling into your mouth, exciting every pore of your skin, washing the filth and decay and hurt of so many miles, so many sojourns, until you emerge, cleansed and free, devouring the life-giving nourishment of the bounty of nature that surrounds you, tearing with abandon through this garden of eden, dancing, eyes empty and aghast, to the sounds of god-like music that is coming from around you, in you, through you, the rhythms of planets colliding and the melodies of heaven leaking through the crystal spheres of the sky, until you collapse on your back, sated, refreshed, empty, reborn anew, utterly spent, fully alive. 

So. Yeah, pretty "wow" for me. 

wish I could hear what you're hearing. sad.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Collapse EP. The synthesis is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of low frequency oscillation most of the sounds will go over a typical listeners head. There's also Richards influence, which is deftly woven into his sonic characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Paradox dnb, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these breaks to realize that they're not just sick- they say something deep about RAVE. As a consequence people who dislike Collapse truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the message in the T69 video which itself is a cryptic reference to 'bass kicks in and the tempo starts slowing down, it's like a collapse of sorts' . I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those skrillex simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Richards genius wit unfolds itself on their smartphone. What fools.. how I pity them.

Flol!

<snip>

footwork and trap influenced/by aphex twin

This is new stuff to me. Haven't listened to the other tracks yet but the track at 27min is really great, thanks for the tip! To me it sounds very Braindance, like Vulva or Ovuca. Maybe this album (available on Spotify btw) might help me remain master of my domain...
Its mark pritchard, teenage friend of aphex twin, releasing an album on warp records.....
Haha yeah I bet I'm the last person on this forum to hear this. I don't keep up with Warp releases in any way. This forum and Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist is basically the only place where I discover new music.

:) Soz I didn't mean to come across as a dick, and it's not immediately obvious who the alias belongs to

<snip>

No worries :)

Edited by Parsifal

wish I could hear what you're hearing. sad.

Maybe with the higher quality and giving it some time. I wish everyone could feel how I feel about it.. Because it's really doing it for me. 4 mins into 1rst 44 I thought "Oh thank god" and by the end of the EP I was slack jawed in a state of awe. I really didn't feel that way about any of his recent output so for me this his true "return" if you will.  

actually 96 kpbs has been fine so far. perhaps it's the new medium

Been listening to it in the car and through a little bluetooth speaker and haven't noticed a difference between track 1 and the rest.  I've got a nice pair of headphones, but I'm waiting on that until the FLACs are released.

and yes there are some lush acid farts on there

And that's what matters!

Significantly less than usual though. When he said Syro was his way of retiring that style, I finally believe him. (also sorry for over posting, I've been super bored lately and I'm hyped up.)

and yes there are some lush acid farts on there

And that's what matters!

Significantly less than usual though. When he said Syro was his way of retiring that style,

cryptowen predicts it yet again

tumblr_lxpkxnpiqJ1rn9cujo1_1280.jpgI

I heard the leak. Really nice on first listen, def a departure from the tuss/syro/analord snare-on-two-and-fourstyle with a lot more footwork/dub and bass emphasis -- less pop structure and sequencer noodlin'-melodies, but more sonic exploration. Pthex was a fun re-visit of some Drukqs/Deathfuck style stuff

Gonna have to relisten next weekend with a head full of acid and see where it goes. 

Guilty Confession - I'd love to see an EP of just piano and ambient muzak from 'Phexer. The state of placidity I enter when Asiatsana comes on is mental. 

Pthex reminds me of this tune, same eerie hoover sounding pads about a minute in:

Nitrous is one of the all time drum & bass anthems.  In what way do you figure Pthex sounds anything remotely close to being as rocking at Nitrous?

i like it already, in high quality this will be a real treat for my ears. already feel inspired to make tracks again. love all those reverb experiments. also reminds me a lot of ramadanman stylewise (track 2 and 4)!

Me: do u fancy afx twin?

Normies: yeah I love the afx twins!

same people who assemble a playlist consisting of Windowlicker, BoC's peacock tail and Autechre's VLetrmx21. "I listen to IDMZ" starter pack

Me: do u fancy afx twin?

Normies: yeah I love the afx twins!

same people who assemble a playlist consisting of Windowlicker, BoC's peacock tail and Autechre's VLetrmx21. "I listen to IDMZ" starter pack
u sure went from 2 to 100 posts quick man, keep it up Edited by MIXL2