To anyone scared to listen to the 96 kbps, it sounds great, and I have plenty of OCD about sound 

At worst it sounds like you're hearing it on a very clear fm radio station, it's not like a live video from someone's phone

Maybe I'm crazy but these tracks have a richer sound at 96 than the hangable auto bulb cd at full quality

It isn't perfect but who cares, just break it in now and we'll have the hq versions soon enough, just like the soundcloud dump

Trust me you'll thank yourself later-- is anyone regretting hearing them at this quality? I'm so glad I did

listening to them in 96kb/s now wont satisfy my masochism like waiting an extra month to listen to a .flac of music that i already purchased will

Yes I have that delayed gratification mentality as well most of the time, but just saying the sound quality is pretty great

Will not listen until I get the real thing, 96kbps is too low to bother!

It sounds more like 192kbps, it's well encoded with joint stereo and noticeable artifacts are rare

How is that even possible? I can easily notice 96 from 128 from 192. 192 to 320 is harder but definitely audible with good gear and good ears.

It's very strange to me how 96kbps could trick you into being as high as 192, now im tempted to check it out but feel bad about it. I will wait for the real thing. It's been a while since I got a physical copy of something. Hopefully it's easy to find when I go back to London. Funny how the day I left for a week all these aphex twin ads start showing up all over the place.

Edited by pissflaps

I've been listening to this EP more than I listened to anything that came out post-Syro (including Syro too).

Same. And I have no regrets listening to the 96k rip. I love it already and it's exciting to think this could sound even better. I've settled into this rip so much that when the EP comes out it will feel like its a remastered high def re-release of a classic. 

I've been listening to this EP more than I listened to anything that came out post-Syro (including Syro too).

Worked from home yesterday with this on repeat.  8 hours-ish?  I keep getting something new out of every listen.  

Also I agree that the quality of the leak is much better than you would expect at 96k.  I've already got the special vinyl and cassette on pre-order, and I'm happy to wait for those, but I'd love for Warp to just dispense with the FLAC. 

I may just have to give in now after reading the last few pages. Fuuck. Let's see how the end of this week pans out.

I would wait.... I got pretty sick of the shitty rips. This release deserves better quality. There are so many subtle high-end verb-tails and pads and percussion sounds and transient detail that just gets lost and muddled up in the rip. It sounds alright on speakers in a room that's already muddy but for headphone listening you're missing a lot of detail, I feel.

It's the Trump effect. You know you're witnessing something horrendous. But you simply accept it as a distant reality and move on with your self- absorbed life. Hoping it won't leak from the screen into your real life. Just like a movie or TV show. ;)