I'm a bit worried here. I've listened to it a good bit and although I think it's really good I don't see it as utterly incredible. I'm not trying to be contrary either, I just don't see it as groundbreaking or better produced(@96kbps admittedly) than Drukqs or Rushup Edge etc.

Maybe it's the bit rate that is clouding things for me? Then again I think this leak sounds quite good for what it is. I dunno yo.

it's good, but I agree with you Benty

I'm in your guys wheelhouse. Although, this ep demands to be played on a good system sans phones. 

And 2/3 into adundance10edit...

qzG0vLR.gif

I'm a bit worried here. I've listened to it a good bit and although I think it's really good I don't see it as utterly incredible. I'm not trying to be contrary either, I just don't see it as groundbreaking or better produced(@96kbps admittedly) than Drukqs or Rushup Edge etc.

Maybe it's the bit rate that is clouding things for me? Then again I think this leak sounds quite good for what it is. I dunno yo.

it's good, but I agree with you Benty

I'm in your guys wheelhouse. Although, this ep demands to be played on a good system sans phones.

And 2/3 into adundance10edit...

qzG0vLR.gif

I get people’s hesitance to get on the hype train — I’m generally the same way. This release however is his best since The Tuss to my ears.

Warp just posted a video to their Instagram that says “Aphex Twin ‘Collapse EP’ released 24 September”

Want us to release the album early? How about 10 days late instead? Probably just a typo but lol

They, thats warp, decided the african rave tracks sounded better in 96kbps. Allegedly, they deleted the lossless files and recoded the 96kbps versions into wavs again. And printed those on the 12". Also, it's a collapsing african rave. It collapsed under it's own weight. Helped with a bit of rain and thunder. And a lack of care. Just like that bridge in Genoa Italy. It's not a collapse. It's a tragedy!!

Richie releases the collapse ep and soon after, an actual bridge collapsed!! :O

Warp just posted a video to their Instagram that says “Aphex Twin ‘Collapse EP’ released 24 September”

Want us to release the album early? How about 10 days late instead? Probably just a typo but lol

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!  :cry:

it was definitely done on purpose

I can't believe there are dipshits working at bleep or warp or whatever

No, not on purpose, but Bleep has been ignoring folks' mention of the flaw in their music playing code on their site. Affects the Aphex and Autechre bleepstores as well.

No, not on purpose, but Bleep has been ignoring folks' mention of the flaw in their music playing code on their site. Affects the Aphex and Autechre bleepstores as well.

To be fair on warp it's become more obfuscated than it was before - I flagged something particularly problematic to them a couple of years ago that allowed you to nab tracks that weren't even available for preview and they thanked me (with some gifts!) and changed the process a bit.

I remember the first time I heard most of his old Rephlex catalog was via that "Selected AFX Loops" site(I lived in Arizona at the time, and didn't have a car to visit a record store that carried any of that stuff). 

I wound up recording each loop like 20 times in a row to a 90 minute cassette tape.  I listened to that tape for a few weeks before I was able to get proper copies, and regret nothing.  So for me, the audio quality of the first listen doesn't really make a difference.  In fact, I can't think of a single record that was 'spoiled' by a leak for me.

I remember the first time I heard most of his old Rephlex catalog was via that "Selected AFX Loops" site

I wound up recording each loop like 20 times in a row to a 90 minute cassette tape.

Disintegrated AFX Loops. You should sell the tapes to Basinski !

Oh man am I glad I bought weed!

lol. I've been imbibing quite a bit with this EP. (rarely felt inspired to take that "journey" with his most recent stuff) Just another reason I love this. 

One HUGE contrast between these tracks and the syro CIRCLONT tracks is the amount of reverb used. Syro was all about the raw, dry synth sound, which is a very cool sound don't get me wrong, but it's a vastly different feel than smattering on loads of reverb /delay. This feels ever more wet than the tuss tracks, probably the wettest stuff I've heard.

One HUGE contrast between these tracks and the syro CIRCLONT tracks is the amount of reverb used. Syro was all about the raw, dry synth sound, which is a very cool sound don't get me wrong, but it's a vastly different feel than smattering on loads of reverb /delay. This feels ever more wet than the tuss tracks, probably the wettest stuff I've heard.

Like...super wet.

I'm imagining a midi-controlled mixer hooked up to like 8 different reverbs, and the sequencer being able to shoot any sound to any reverb.  Maybe it's all done in post, but that sounds like it would be a cool setup.

Really, the sound of everything is just goooooood. Even parts of tracks that wouldn't normally do anything for me makes me want to keep listening, just because they sound so lovely and buttery. And then listen again. This thing is a drug. I don't recall this on his past few releases. I need to go back and revisit.