y'all fuckin spicy in here lately

I find it pretty amusing that some of us have seen the light in 96kps while most are waiting in the dark 4 their 24bit wavs for 1 more month, moehaha

y'all fuckin spicy in here lately

I find it pretty amusing that some of us have seen the light in 96kps while most are waiting in the dark 4 their 24bit wavs for 1 more month, moehaha

I think most have already caught the leak tbh. Seems to be few of us holding out (i'm just doing so for the hell of it, if Warp don't drop the digital vinyls next week I probably will grab the leak)

Edited by auxien

Anyone else get dynamix ii vibes from the opening section of abundance - reminds me of the ignition remix

not the r kelly version

Yeah, a lil bit, but you know, you can make another 50-100 comparisons to the tracks he made for the last 30 years, but what does it prove? That he can make a track similar sounding to the tracks of some other mortals?

Exactly - well spotted son

I'm holding out hope. Given it's 30 mins I'll prob do a bit of shrooms on this one. Used to do them for every new release but haven't been able to for a few years. 

Maybe I'll throw some NTS sessions on afterwards. Looking forward to it as the release is close to my long weekend.

Holding off on the leak is growing more difficult considering the amount of oOze surrounding this release

69dkbk.png

can't hopefully can wait

I mean...anything's possible. I'll definitely scoop up the missing 1,100,000 or so bits missing from each track and see what to make of it. To be clear--it's very quality music and it could be state-dependent. For instance, I got the new Djrum album Portrait with Firewood and it incited way more music boners of the mind than this EP. It's our boy Phex though and he deserves the very best listen. Roll on 14/0909/142018-14-09.

The Djrum is killer. You are right on that.

I'm also holding off and not listening to this shit tier quality leak.  You really want to desecrate these sacred waveforms by listening to mere approximations of their glory?  Aliased, bit-crushed, and transient filled garbage?  I feel sorry for you all, and quite frankly disgusted

Yes certain sounds don’t need high bitrates to be reproduced, these are pretty clear and uncluttered tones on this release, there’s no fuzzed-out multi-guitar solos or anything

Detecting mild compression in the hi-hats and snares of a drum machine is not exactly jarring for an artist who rarely uses normal drum sounds anyway

Dang guys.

I guess I'm gonna have to leave the hysteria behind. I read the thread like a digest and it seems like I definitely got the right files based on everybody's descriptions and I was profoundly underwhelmed. I know this is heresy and I'll leave this hype machine thread as it rolls thunderously on. Pretty stoked to get Houston and Primavera but I'm definitely glad that I resisted the special edition cash grab if we're talking pure Aphex quality and not fetishism.

Wew lads.

pthex is my fav. I hate when people say “it’s a grower”.... it’s a grower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..pthex is not on the vinyl?? wtf why

Because they did not press that track to the vinyl.  :cisfor:

(To boost sales of the digital which has almost zero overhead, increasing their overall margin on this release)

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

(To boost sales of the digital which has almost zero overhead, increasing their overall margin on this release)

All 5 tracks are on the download that comes with the vinyl though

We should be going digital only to reduce consumer fetishism and the unhealthy obsession with things.  My CD collection just sits on my shelf doing nothing since I've ripped all of them.  Why do I own these CDs?  For some abstract desire to have a collection of things representing my interests?  Unless you actively use them, this is the only explanation.  And CDs and even vinyls are disgusting and unhealthy for the environment.  We should boycott all physical releases.  If the dominant culture moved to digital only it would also lessen the divide between signed and unsigned artists who can afford large printings of physical releases and make the quality of the music itself come to the forefront, bandcamp and soundcloud has helped with this but it can go further still /rant

It's the remnants of the old world. Materialist consumerism. People falling for the notion of owning something tangible. An awkward pre-post-modernist notion that somehow got past an otherwise post-modernist outlook on life. It's an awkward discrepancy. But hey, people and all that. :)