weirdcore might have stems for the track too?

thought afx didn't do stems that often, but who knows.

weirdcore said in a interview he been sent stems to do the midi syncing stuff

i'm sure rdj would of sent over a few alt versions of 'collapse' to work with when doing the video

Edited by B1000

When in the car definitely the higher energy up tempo stuff. When at home depends on the mood and moment of the day. That's why i love rdj's music, it's so diverse and can fit any moment!

You can play it at funerals

Yes definitely! Lichen can be played on mine.

You won't believe the tremendous emotions this already powerful track can evoke at a wake. We played Lichen at my mother's funeral 3 years ago. Everytime I'm listening to it now its light sadness became stronger. At my funeral i want to have playing Max Richter's Spring 1 off his Vivaldi recompositions. 

When in the car definitely the higher energy up tempo stuff. When at home depends on the mood and moment of the day. That's why i love rdj's music, it's so diverse and can fit any moment!

You can play it at funerals
Yes definitely! Lichen can be played on mine.

You won't believe the tremendous emotions this already powerful track can evoke at a wake. We played Lichen at my mother's funeral 3 years ago. Everytime I'm listening to it now its light sadness became stronger. At my funeral i want to have playing Max Richter's Spring 1 off his Vivaldi recompositions.

I can believe that. Played the track four at my best friend's funeral... That song will never be the same for me.

i'm sure rdj would of sent over a few alt versions of 'collapse' to work with when doing the video

yeah, thought that was the midi stems but could be both!

I hope I get a hand knitted scarf and a secrete song only for me yes I am sure it will happen bless you richie d u are the chosen one

c3lei3q7slnz.jpg

this one?

ha. I never realized the symbol is on his scarf. That's great. 

Yes do not ever buy that bit of "all in one take" faff he floated out there in the Tats interview. I'm sure some of his tracks are sequenced single takes since he has enough klob to engineer any fuckin techno symphony you'd ever want. However, he's too much of a fiddler and there's too much goddamn detail/triggers/events that happen in his music to not depend on discrete track components (aka "stems" for those confused). Dunno why I'm so aggro about it currently hahaha. None of his other fibs bother me; in fact, I love a good wind-up

While it is hard to believe that some of the tracks are done in one take he did go in to some deep nerdy detail about how fx/detail mad bits were achieved with all his gear. If i could be arsed to think about it enough, that slow version of one of the Circlont trax probably proves it as it's basically exactly the same track playing at a much slower tempo...

Yes do not ever buy that bit of "all in one take" faff he floated out there in the Tats interview. I'm sure some of his tracks are sequenced single takes since he has enough klob to engineer any fuckin techno symphony you'd ever want. However, he's too much of a fiddler and there's too much goddamn detail/triggers/events that happen in his music to not depend on discrete track components (aka "stems" for those confused). Dunno why I'm so aggro about it currently hahaha. None of his other fibs bother me; in fact, I love a good wind-up

While it is hard to believe that some of the tracks are done in one take he did go in to some deep nerdy detail about how fx/detail mad bits were achieved with all his gear. If i could be arsed to think about it enough, that slow version of one of the Circlont trax probably proves it as it's basically exactly the same track playing at a much slower tempo...

Just re-read the Tats interview (which I think is the one here) - looks like he was speaking about the Korg Funk 5 track specifically, and it was in the context of recording the song down to one audio track (Tats is asking for stems). I.e., just that when he did a final mix it was programmed, sequenced first, then played all the way through and recorded. Sure there was a lot of fiddling before the track got a point where he wanted to put it paper so to speak . . . could be totally wrong tho.

Makes me think about the question of micro-editing/DSP stuff on this EP too - for Drukqs era shiz clearly used trackers and whatnot, but makes me wonder about the DSP effects on this EP and if this is all, essentially, all analogue + non-PC sound processing (guessing Eventide heavily involved). Kind of like doing drukqs-esque stuff but totally outside of a PC, with some very complex effects triggering/programming going on. . . would love to see the setup. . . 

Finally got myself to the bleep site and pre-ordered the cassette. :D

I've managed to not listened to the leak. It's apparently not a good bitrate anyways, eh?

Finally got myself to the bleep site and pre-ordered the cassette. :D

I've managed to not listened to the leak. It's apparently not a good bitrate anyways, eh?

welcome to chrome country :) only two weeks to go now!! hype!!!!

welcome to chrome country :) only two weeks to go now!! hype!!!!

Thanks. Good to be in chrome country, despite the shocking amount of polished knobs. *bad'um t'shhh* Chromatic jokery is on point today. *high fives Rhombix*

Can't wait for the 14th!!

Edited by 747Music