IGNORED

Collapse EP 3d Template

pacman

So I use a Mac and f12+f3 doesn't work. How do I save this bad boy?

edit: found it. You have to hit 'image' at the bottom left to navigate to saving it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-18598-0-97867300-1534106220_thumb.jpg

Aphex Twin also returns this summer with the Dimensit EP

Aphex Twin - Dimensit EP

Warp

1. 42DIMENSIT3 e3

2. MT1T1 bedroom microtune

3. T18A pole1

4. T03 delta t

5. em2500 M253X

6. T23 441

7. 42DIMENSIT10

8. T20A ede 441

9. MT1T2 olpedroom

10. T47 smodge

11. sk8 littletune HS-PC202

12. T13 Quadraverbia N+3

13. T17 Phase out +3

14. T63 neotek 2h949 +3 [bonus beats]

15. T165 MADMA with nastya+52

16. T08 dx1+5

17. T69T07 stasspa+3

>>‘›‹‹ç≤≤fake01101≤≤news≤’ª˛¸ƒ≤010

<010101101001news≤≤<>

sry i'm a bit confused, never used blender: when i rendered it with f12, is it saved somewhere? or how do i get a jpeg out of this?

otherwise a really great idea!!

Ah yeah, once it's rendered hit f3 to save it. Forgot to mention that!

cheers mate, that worked out for me! thanks again for the fun :-D!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i made a quick-and-dirty iphone app to capture the camera's view & display the resulting 3d model of the artwork in augmented reality.

pacman - thank you so much for the blender file! this was good fun - still buggy but it runs. it's especially nice to be able to go inside the 3d artwork with the phone. cheers.

collapse-ar-20180810-01.gif

holey shit, amazing

attachicon.gifDimensit.jpg

Aphex Twin also returns this summer with the Dimensit EP

Aphex Twin - Dimensit EP

Warp

1. 42DIMENSIT3 e3

2. MT1T1 bedroom microtune

3. T18A pole1

4. T03 delta t

5. em2500 M253X

6. T23 441

7. 42DIMENSIT10

8. T20A ede 441

9. MT1T2 olpedroom

10. T47 smodge

11. sk8 littletune HS-PC202

12. T13 Quadraverbia N+3

13. T17 Phase out +3

14. T63 neotek 2h949 +3 [bonus beats]

15. T165 MADMA with nastya+52

16. T08 dx1+5

17. T69T07 stasspa+3

>>‘›‹‹ç≤≤fake01101≤≤news≤’ª˛¸ƒ≤010

You've certainly captured Richard's current track naming style for sure :dadjoke:

• 1 month later...

thanks. another short clip, this time looking at rdj's homepage. text works really well with the artwork, which might be why warp went with that press release document as first announcement.

collapse-ar-20180811-01.gif

i'll try to fix some bugs, then maybe see if the phone can handle live video texture so it's updated constantly.

re: sharing, i'm for it but apple makes it so hard to share apps. either i could make a free app but i'd have to go thru apple app store approval hassle, or i could share source code but you'd need a paid developer account to compile and put it on your own phone.

are you by any chance thinking about developing it for android? I'd pay for it! please good sir!

• 3 weeks later...

hey there, i haven't thought about an android version. i imagine google arcore will provide same or similar support as apple arkit (which i used for the rough demo app seen here), but i don't plan on looking into it.

i am however working on a WebAR version, which means both ios and android users could use it. totally on the back-burner though at the moment.

• 4 months later...

The lighting is definitely off, I did the first one in a hurry and never went back to fix it. They most likely tried to shade the original so that it could easily be applied to multiple images without too much tinkering. Mine is not quite as versatile unfortunately. I'll try to update it as soon as I can, there's a way to get that more layered effect you can see in certain versions like the press release and what was used as a temporary overlay for his entire discography on Bleep.

I'm not sure if it's possible in Photoshop to get the textures to stretch like they do but someone more savvy than myself might be able to figure it out. Blender is a free 3d modeling app and it's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. I figured that would allow almost anyone to easily make their own versions.

Is there a photoshop action for this? Not sure what blender is...

Back in the day I would do this kind of thing with a displacement mask... damn, haven't made one of those in ages! Remember when you had to do filters and actions manually, step by step using channels and masks?

Okay, I've got a couple of renders that mimic the two main versions of the logo floating around. One is as close to the style of the Brooklyn poster as I could get it, the other is the more layered style that you see in some of the promos. The attached thumbnails are only low res previews, so use this link to download the high resolution versions:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a2GvuEa84F4XpVdgf6m-4oRlrXPXoWQi

I won't be able to update the template so people can use these just yet. I had to switch to beta software and one of the versions requires extra steps so I'll have to create a readme with instructions that I don't have time to make right now.

post-17794-0-97369000-1556239702_thumb.jpg

post-17794-0-43619800-1556239717_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got updated template files in the public Google Drive folder with the new and better shading that I used for the Brooklyn poster clones. There's also an instruction jpeg to help walk you through how to get them to work. I've tried to make it as simple and straight forward as possible. Blender 2.8 includes a new rendering engine, so these should take seconds to render. I've also included the watmm collapse template that I used for the homepage, I thought people could make some pretty cool/funny stuff with it. The same instructions apply for that file as well.

Here's the link again: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UugaI7P0xn6iLV73qAOyIKUHkxDf_174

And more previews:

aphex_preview_1.thumb.jpg.a24e60292dabf3ff68f6b47bdb993376.jpg

aphex_preview_2.thumb.jpg.80f160a202f9d8e1d0097e0ed218249e.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived