IGNORED

WATMM gets a mention in The Guardian

zazen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I hope tomorrow there is an article in the Guardian titled 'The Guardian gets mentioned in WATMM after WATMM gets mentioned in The Guardian.'

I once did a virtual aphex road trip to Cornwall with the google street view. Lovely, but I wouldn't be arsed to actually go there in person just to see the places. I think RDJ wasn't joking when he said something that his biggest inspiration used to be boredom.

Maybe we should throw Joyrex out in order to keep our credibility : https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/95qacu/can_we_finally_admit_joyrex_is_a_hack/

I didn't open roasty's gif because I was at work, and it was gone by the time I got home. What was it?

Well, for one, it was tight and bouncy.

Wow... just wow.

Maybe we should throw Joyrex out in order to keep our credibility : https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/95qacu/can_we_finally_admit_joyrex_is_a_hack/

I didn't open roasty's gif because I was at work, and it was gone by the time I got home. What was it?

That reddit thread is fucking hilarious and exactly why I don’t go on reddit

what phase of the moon is mars in right now?

do you hear the melodies?

Wow... just wow.
You will always be a hero amongst us joymeng, you got us that caustic window lp. God bless you

Lol at that guy that is pissed cause you closed his thread after he wanted to contact that ryan kid. You were right to do so, 2 many damn sicko afx fanboyz out there

Wow... just wow.
You will always be a hero amongst us joymeng, you got us that caustic window lp. God bless you

Lol at that guy that is pissed cause you closed his thread after he wanted to contact that ryan kid. You were right to do so, 2 many damn sicko afx fanboyz out there

flol yeah what a creep ! 

Then again reddit community has its moments: such as DfN and Fuji rips + the Primavera vid which must have taken a lot of editing work to put it together. I just find it so heart-warming how excited they get for practically everything. It's like [watmm hype]^100. Maybe the little cynic in me just talking here....might be though that I belong to that 50% who are assholes.

An enterprising fan has unpicked and transcribed the document,

since they already referenced this site i'll assume that means me, and feel special

Wow... just wow.

No worries - I've come to expect stuff like that, so no surprises.

I can't believe though they would get worked up over that thread closing - trying to contact an underage kid online - and they see nothing disturbing about that, even if their intentions were genuine?

god that thread...what a fucking shitshow.

HALO9731 • 6h

Sure, music is emotion, I don't disagree, but there is a lot of logic involved aswell, everything from understanding music theory to drum programming to even programming your own patches/synths. Something like modular synthesis isn't going to appeal to some low IQ plebian, I wouldn't doubt that Rich is high IQ. Also, I am in no way liberal but RDJ's music still enormously resonates with me emotionally, more emotion in Drukqs/Tuss/Syro/SAWII than in any other artist I have found, don't see how it is related to political stance. I love music, and I love emotion in music, I am just not an emotional, weak, queer loser.

now they're talking about how WATMM is a censorship ridden forum with a "cult-like extreme liberal slant" and about how political correctness is destroying the internet :facepalm:

I mean this forum is most certainly flawed but they're talking about a forum where delet is still a mod ffs, what are they even talking about

WhackKids • 22h

Lulz - I still remember when I was trying to get a hold of Rich om behalf of Ryan (who made the Cheetah video). I joined the forum to ask if anybody had contact to someone at Warp. I used the word "preteen" in my post and the entire forum went fucking bonkers calling me out as everything from a hack to a pedophile. Joyrex locked down the post and wrote me several times correcting me in my pedophile ways. Sigh. We got hold of Warp in other ways, had them talk to Ryan and the rest is history. So yeah, WATMM is a weird place - lots of interesting posts, but also a lot of hierarki, competition and suspicion among the users.

ROFL

I am just not an emotional, weak, queer loser.

This gentleman clearly has issues and has crammed them deep deep deep inside his collapse/prolapse.

WhackKids • 22h

Lulz - I still remember when I was trying to get a hold of Rich om behalf of Ryan (who made the Cheetah video). I joined the forum to ask if anybody had contact to someone at Warp. I used the word "preteen" in my post and the entire forum went fucking bonkers calling me out as everything from a hack to a pedophile. Joyrex locked down the post and wrote me several times correcting me in my pedophile ways. Sigh. We got hold of Warp in other ways, had them talk to Ryan and the rest is history. So yeah, WATMM is a weird place - lots of interesting posts, but also a lot of hierarki, competition and suspicion among the users.

ROFL

and yet his reddit screen name is advocating masturbating children. 

WhackKids • 22h

lots of interesting posts, but also a lot of hierarki

HIERARKI

HIERARKI

Yeah, the place is pretty weird sometimes, just has a really cult-like extreme liberal slant, perpetuated by the mods, really limits the discourse.

Archived