IGNORED

Collapse Video

Hail Sagan

Watched the video a few times now and goddamn, what a beautiful video. Weirdcore's visuals complemented the song perfectly especially in the middle section during which what richard referred to as the  collapse. 

this track is called collapse by the way coz when the bass bit kicks in and the tempo starts slowing down its like a collapse of sorts

I'm gathering visual references at the moment

It's cool to hear that richard is thinking in visual terms with his music but it's even cooler that he was able to find a more than capable visual artist in weirdcore. All his live sets have been enhanced by this guy and now we get a video that is just as visually striking, although completely different, from the iconic videos Chris Cunningham made in the past. 

unnamed_16.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently it failed some test for epilepsy protocols and couldn't be played on adult swim. 

I love all the images of Cornwall. It's like the beginning of a trip at the beginning, then you get sucked into the wonkiest dark-void k-hole and then you're brought to the ultimate truth with the last section after going through the aphexian butthole-warp of ear drugs. 

I love all the images of Cornwall. It's like the beginning of a trip at the beginning, then you get sucked into the wonkiest dark-void k-hole and then you're brought to the ultimate truth with the last section after going through the aphexian butthole-warp of ear drugs. 

well put

I've really been liking weirdcore's work.  He has a youtube channel with some of his pre-aphex videos, with stuff he's done for MIA and some other gems like this:

Yeah loving this video. 

I like all the reference images. Are the town settings Cornwall or something? looks like an important place for the artist. 

The glass brick building looks like the one that someone pegged in another thread as being the building afx was apparently rumored to be inhabiting...

The fragments of the mixing board nobs churning into the landscape is very satisfying. Also wonder if this image is sourced from his actual gear or if it is just an imagined object. 

I love the rainbow business toward the end, very soothing on the eyes after the earth anus eats everything at high noon.

Video is absolutely amazing. The track is solid Aphex. Is it possible the producer of the vid is outshining Aphex? Yes it is. 

Outshining? I think it's more enhancing the song than anything else. It appears to be a symbiotic relationship here with the music obviously augmenting the visuals as well. The song is beyond solid. It's awesome. The visuals are fucking great and as I haven't seen a whole lot of weirdcore's work it's fresh to me. 

The video helped out big time. I remember hearing that song in the dfn set and thinking it was cool but found the collapsing portion to be a bit of an awkward transition at the time. But now since Weirdcore did such a great job of visualizing what richard had in mind it all makes sense now. 

Yeah loving this video. 

I like all the reference images. Are the town settings Cornwall or something? looks like an important place for the artist. 

The glass brick building looks like the one that someone pegged in another thread as being the building afx was apparently rumored to be inhabiting...

The fragments of the mixing board nobs churning into the landscape is very satisfying. Also wonder if this image is sourced from his actual gear or if it is just an imagined object. 

I love the rainbow business toward the end, very soothing on the eyes after the earth anus eats everything at high noon.

It's close to perfection.

but it's not complete perfection. that has only ever happened once in the world of idem

Yeah loving this video. 

yeah, noticed that too - the green space looked a lot like the space he and Vibert were at when John Peel interviewed them

Yeah loving this video.

yeah, noticed that too - the green space looked a lot like the space he and Vibert were at when John Peel interviewed them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMxIEfmCzI

Ha! I was thinking the same thing...

Person on Reddit translated the text from the beginning:

this track is called collapse by the way coz when the bass bit kicks in and the tempo starts slowing down its like a collapse of sorts

I'm gathering visual references at the moment is there any other point cloud or other references you like I should look into

nope I don't think so.. I still love ascii visuals also.. surprised it never got used more but maybe it has, i don't get out much..

sure,, I'll look into doing 3d ascii point-cloud cross over. maybe when you get up close to the point cloud it looks more like ascii...

yeah i see you're doing point-cloud with midi

<<yeah i see your point with midi.. but you could just edit tight to the beat manually anyhow can't you?

Yeah i could, but with your kind of music, it would take forever With midi files would be instant and tight as f**k

What places to include would be relevant in London?

deffo the silver box in elephant and castle that'll be one of the focal points in the video,, a bit like the monolith in 2001 collaged within the Cornish stuff

anything else in London?

nah all crap

how about sun on cafe next to Clissold park, collage stuff,

top yeah.. mad how quickly they add woods stuff in that star wars thing...crazy realistic

maybe we should do something with political slant in this video, like how media can manipulate things to make you think

oh been getting into simulation theory of late. didn't realise a lot of prominent science is now saying the chance we are living in base reality is about 1 billion to one! love it..

simulations in simulations in simulations for ever probably..god is just an ai

I don't want to accept it although I agree its feasible,, I'd rather think it ?isnt?

all these normal people who watch shit like "Britain's got talent" and such like is the proof it's not a simulation, (cos why would you bother simulating that)

or its proof we are living in a failed simulation

i cant see why it would be a problem accepting, i quite like the idea

I think thats what i hate the most about it,, that it opens the gate for creationism interpretation

yeah well science is not much better, can't explain how life started or what was before big bang and loads of other stuff

just evolution, and even that has gaping holes

was just chomping on a peanut butter toast with Swedish jam.. thinking the idea that code i.e. us can imagine something is pretty wild.

code re-writing itself and envisaging the future re-writing of itself

this obviously applies to any act of imagination:

imagination>making something>then observing it then re-writes ?the future version of itself? as you watch/experience what you made and then repeats if you do it again.

man what kind of jam was that? sounds like it was fermented or something to give this inspiration

and that tip, I've been well into Almond butter and manuka honey lately

anyway was thinking if was all a sim,, the technology would be so advanced its probably beyond code ,,, like many levels/steps further

analogue-digital- like some semi organic technology like in Existenz..

I was at Weirdcore's first gig with Aphex in 2009 - SRTP Eindhoven - so out0-there even RDJ asked WC to tone it down! (WC says so in an interview somewhere) - scat and abattoir videos - I thiought it was fucking unreal and awesome.. a lot of the crowd turned away .. some puked!

I love that aesthetic of lines of data with splashes of color combined with the data moshing put into 3d format. Very inspiring.

3fsUbG3.jpg

Love the bits like this, the sense of scale is off the charts, he utilizes shadows and those lush skyboxes so well to really make everything feel massive and real, like you are flying about real gigantic structures and worlds, it's magic. The whole last bit is pure kino.

The copy on Youtube does not look like a proper HD version though, right? Way too much compression. Would like to watch it really crisp and clear!

It's definitely in HD but the problem is the bit rate cap on youtube files - IIRC Youtube maxes out at around 6mbps which for most instances isn't a problem but as soon as you get tiny bits moving around and flashing (as in pretty much every element of this video!) the codec kills it. Vimeo is slightly better in this regard as their 1080p files are at 20mbps so would probably handle this video considerably better.

Archived