IGNORED

Collapse Video

Hail Sagan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the video was absolutely amazing! the prolapsing richard face mounds and planar shit towards the end melted my mind. always admired weirdcore's work, especially with caretaker, but he's done a bang up job here. 

I love it thats its sort of semi lo-fi Doom-esque grahics mixed with google streetview style then morphs into google-earthy sizes  with thye collapsig 7\ mound and THEN we get the neon lightshow witrh a little dash of BoC's "reach for the dead" ending thrown in.

Been tripping recently and this is fucking perfection with the pace and different points of view mapping onto the track so well. 

My fave of early werdcore was his melting stattues stuff at afx gigs... very very strange and cool:

5730515_640.jpg

I was at Weirdcore's first gig with Aphex in 2009 - SRTP Eindhoven - so out0-there even RDJ asked WC to tone it down! (WC says so in an interview somewhere) - scat and abattoir videos - I thiought it was fucking unreal and awesome.. a lot of the crowd turned away .. some puked!

I remember this, I had the original youtube videos ripped that ppl were uploading of these, and shortly after they got removed (wonder why)

Speaking of live shows phudo...

Person on Reddit translated the text from the beginning:

Pretty cool. Reads like it must be Richard’s IM exchange w/ Weirdcore over the initial creative/technical direction of the video. Quite meta.

Short article on Creative Review about the vid...

As well as directing the explosive new music video, Weirdcore conceived the visual aesthetic for the Collapse EP, including artwork and visuals.

Weirdcore’s promo and wider visuals pay homage to the enduring imagery created by Aphex Twin’s former creative collaborator, Chris Cunningham, in particular Cunningham’s Johnny Rubber book and film.

He also goes back in the Aphex Twin archives to the ON music video, directed by Jarvis Cocker and Martin Wallace (shown below). He explains: “This video is really trying to be a modern version of the ON video, in terms of the use of abstraction and collage.”

I got a "gantz graf" feel with the rotating camera views of the morphing aphex logo + neon geometric abstractions pulsing with the tune at the end, myself. 

former creative collaborator.. man I really want a new Cunningham video. Anything really. Was really looking forward to that Warpaint documentary  :sleep: Chris if you're reading this I love you 

Anyone else get the feeling RDJ and Weirdcore saw the new Orbital Video and thought, "Hey, let's make this same video, but turn it up to 11!"?

Hadn't seen this, it's really nice and I think I like it more. Although they're both great for different reasons. 

Anyone else get the feeling RDJ and Weirdcore saw the new Orbital Video and thought, "Hey, let's make this same video, but turn it up to 11!"?

Hadn't seen this, it's really nice and I think I like it more. Although they're both great for different reasons. 

Dunno, all this stuff is just some hardcore dad music... maybe if I was born ten years ago and fed through the hole in cd this would blow my mind but right now it feels pretty boring tbh

Dunno, all this stuff is just some hardcore dad music... maybe if I was born ten years ago and fed through the hole in cd this would blow my mind but right now it feels pretty boring tbh

Ok but we're talking about the videos. 

This may be my favourite RDJ track from Syro onward, but it's hard to say how much of that is the video's influence.  It really is a perfect marriage of sound and visual.

I'm curious if there were a lot of computer edits in the track.  The programming's crazy.  Extra impressive if all analogue, but impressive regardless.

Anyone figure out what the gear is from 1:59-2:16?

Anyone figure out what the gear is from 1:59-2:16?

And does it turn into mud and faces in real life when you play it?

Ok but we're talking about the videos. 

Kind of talking about both...this video is very demo-scene like, I`m too old, i`ve seen it all

At which point,  zemudene offers up an example of non-boring music

https://youtu.be/7CC5aX8OzOI

No disrespect to Orbital allowed in this forum, pls.

Archived