IGNORED

Interesting things

may be rude

28 minutes ago, yekker said:

I'm missing a big toenail. I got it removed because it kept coming in in-grown, caused lots of problems. Whenever I stump it on anything it hurts like a mother... There's a reason we have these things I guess.

F6AB5104-AB85-4343-A1FB-4E17B2ED1730.png

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out that women can get medical tattoos for areola restoration/underdeveloped breasts i.e. if the areola is "invisible".

EDIT: And to no one's surprise there's a subreddit for that. r/ghostnipples.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

I just found out that women can get medical tattoos for areola restoration/underdeveloped breasts i.e. if the areola is "invisible".

EDIT: And to no one's surprise there's a subreddit for that. r/ghostnipples.

I think there's a product for stick-on-nipples to expressly achieve the "I'm not wearing a bra, and you can see my erect nips" look. Not just for dealing with post surgery issues. 

Mongolia: Archaeologists Unearth Tomb Of Genghis Khan

https://archaeology.autodailyz.com/mongolia-archaeologists-unearth-tomb-of-genghis-khan/

Construction workers employed in road building near the Onon River in the Khentii province of Mongolia, have discovered a mass ԍʀᴀvᴇ containing the remains of many ᴅozᴇɴs of human coʀᴘsᴇs lying upon a large rudimentary stone structure.

The team of scientists affiliated with the University of Beijing has concluded that the numerous skeletons ʙuʀιᴇᴅ on top of the structure were most likely the slaves who built it and who were then мᴀssᴀcʀᴇᴅ to keep the secret of the location.

After realizing an extensive set of tests and analysis, they were able to confirm that the ʙoᴅʏ belonged to a man aged between 60 and 75, who ᴅιᴇᴅ between 1215 and 1235 AD. Both the age, the date, the location, and the opulence of the site seem to confirm that the tomb does indeed belong to Genghis Khan

Edited by ManjuShri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Farnsworth 1

• 3 weeks later...

Outdoor Sound Propagation in the U.S. Civil War

Students of military history know that acoustic refraction and unusual audibility have often played significant roles in the outcome of battles. Before electrical and wireless communications became common on the tactical level, the sound of battle was often the quickest and most efficient method by which a commander could judge the course of a battle.

http://wesclark.com/jw/sound_propagation.html

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BBC Micro from 1982. The vapor is strong in this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Micro

The British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System, or BBC Micro, is a series of microcomputers and associated peripherals designed and built by Acorn Computers in the 1980s for the BBC Computer Literacy Project. Designed with an emphasis on education, it was notable for its ruggedness, expandability, and the quality of its operating system. An accompanying 1982 television series, The Computer Programme, featuring Chris Serle learning to use the machine, was broadcast on BBC2.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Snap! I forgot this was happening today.  Did I miss it?? The feed is just a red screen. 

yeah... it got super close and then screen turned red which meant impact and "you died". 

there's another feed w/picture in picture of the control room and people jumping up adn down. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah... it got super close and then screen turned red which meant impact and "you died". 

there's another feed w/picture in picture of the control room and people jumping up adn down. 

Ah! 
found this too… has replay… had replay…

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/09/26/science/nasa-dart-asteroid-mission

Edited by J3FF3R00