IGNORED

Interesting things

may be rude

It doesn't really break ranks does it, urchin child? I was just about to post another burger I had just now until I saw you had been studying me. What kind of geek are you? Do you think you are like jules and can slate my perfectly fine dining plates and fingers? The burgers were excellent and just shows you what you can achieve on a budget, which was the point. Jules embarrassed himself with his cringey little tirade. Do you want to go down that road too? I'll lead you there urchin. By the balls.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two leading phrases in mass media:

‘’So we need to talk about...” & “What we know so far about... ” 

=  

WHAT WE WANT YOU TO BELIEVE ABOUT said topic

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, milkface said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/lens/the-endless-war-of-land-mines-in-the-balkans.html

Hundreds of thousands of landmines remain hidden in the Balkans due to the civil war in Yugoslavia in the 1990s, killing and injuring many adults and children in the countries in which they remain.

there's millions in southeast asia too. landmines always get left behind and then native people have to figure out how to defuse/remove etc. watched more than one long form investigative journalism story on the problem and it's fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/16/2020 at 3:01 PM, jaderpansen said:

beautiful stuff, the lighting in this one is like straight out of a hopper painting:

kgykoHS.jpeg

Yeah great stuff, thanks for sharing

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, ignatius said:

there's millions in southeast asia too. landmines always get left behind and then native people have to figure out how to defuse/remove etc. watched more than one long form investigative journalism story on the problem and it's fucked. 

It's why the US won't sign up to the International Treaty to ban them as they've left half a billion or something along the North and South Korean border.

• Like 2

Nice, will dig into this. Those avatar covers are pretty sweet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Complexity Explorables

This site is designed for people interested in complex systems and complex dynamical processes. Complexity Explorables hosts different collections of interactive illustrations of models for complex systems in physics, mathematics, biology, chemistry, social sciences, neuroscience, epidemiology, network science and ecology.

https://www.complexity-explorables.org/explorables/

Edited by iococoi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...