IGNORED

Day For Night Cuts Ties With Founder

hijexx

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/After-abuse-allegations-Day-for-Night-festival-13150673.php

There's no word yet on the future of the festival, which was last held in December.

"Out of respect for these alleged victims, any announcement about the future of Day For Night will be made at a later date," the festival's Facebook post said.

Hope this doesn't wind up stopping DFN, such a unique experience.

No it won't affect it. Omar developed DFN with others in event planning/promotions that will continue on without him.

I'm from Houston and knew Omar back in the day. Sucks to hear this since more recently he's been instrumental in getting new venues up and running and bringing in a wider range of acts compared to what Houston used to get 10-15 years ago.

Good question. I'm sure it will go on and continue to draw big acts, but turns out Omar apparently had a lot to do with getting Aphex there:

https://www.dallasobserver.com/music/day-for-nights-omar-afra-on-how-he-landed-aphex-twins-first-us-performance-in-23-years-8972057

So what strings did Afra pull to get Aphex Twin to give his first U.S. performance in 23 years at Day for Night? He says it was only a matter of persistence. "My last festival I was partnered with some music industry sacred cows and I would go to my partners on the regular and say, 'Well, what about Aphex Twin this year? It will be such a big deal.' I was always shot down with, 'Oh, it won’t work. He won’t play.'

"A couple years ago I started pestering Aphex Twins’ agent, so really it was about persistence and not being dismayed by getting unanswered emails. Eventually after a whole lot of prodding — maybe just to shut me up — they said, 'OK, let’s make this happen.'"

Archived