IGNORED

Djrum - Portrait With Firewood

Extralife

Listened to most of this and it's pretty interesting...a few tracks fall flat or have what feel like a lot of fat on them, but it's definitely intended as more of an 'album experience' sorta of thing, which I'm definitely for as a general rule. Most interesting to me was the way it all sounds, seems like it's all been recorded to tape or something, I'm not sure what it is but that treatment or whatever sure sounds great to my ears...it's a touch heavy maybe, but I like it here whatever it is.

but it's definitely intended as more of an 'album experience' sorta of thing

I think yeah - I've listened through the album 3x already, it seems to go by pretty quickly.

Flows nicely.

No probs Thaumaturge!

It's hard to lay into an album that you kinda like big chunks of but fail to be convinced it works on a creative hollistic level. ..  . djrum is obviously a crazy genius. .. . just this album fails for me. . .. . .  so I had to balance the needless negative moaning (which it plainly is) with some positive recommendations for other disappointed djrum fans.

M X

total side note, but I can not stop listening to this track!

Noice.

Coincidently I was just reading up on that footage - IIRC only UFO footage actually acknowledged by the DoD without any explanation concluded. They declassified it and released video a few years ago. Some US Navy jets spotted and intercepted it back in 2004. It's about as legit as UFO footage can get.

Phenomenal album. I do a club night in San Francisco and was offered to book him by his agent a few months ago. I turned it down initially (despite being a big fan) because I was already over budget. I listened to his album last week and immediately emailed his agent to add him to the bill anyway.  So excited. 

yea, the sub bass on this is pummeling! Its such an awesome and cohesive record. The way he can switch from jazzy piano and soft to raging techno and have it be seamless is quite something.

• 1 year later...

Archived