IGNORED

New Official Video for WHY? - Good Friday (Boards of Canada Remix)

thebackdrifter

great vid, dude!

didn't even know this remix. 

there isn't an instrumental, right? yeah ima infidel and all. but the boc is not bocy enough ;)

Really cool art & great colour scheme! I don't always enjoy literal visual allusions to lyrics in videos but you expressed great taste here and obviously put a lot of thought into how and what you would represent visually from the lyrical content and what the song means to you overall. Really positively adds to the legacy of this track (can't believe it's 10 years old now!)

Any idea if they're finally gonna give us a chance to grab this remix digitally? I have been waiting for ages and have it on a pink vinyl with a dreadful amount of surface noise due to a shitty PVC sleeve it came in.

Any idea if they're finally gonna give us a chance to grab this remix digitally? I have been waiting for ages and have it on a pink vinyl with a dreadful amount of surface noise due to a shitty PVC sleeve it came in.

It seems like you can find it on Spotify, Amazon, and iTunes.

Very cool! will you post it on vimeo? Youtube is downgrading the video quality a lot

Here you go. This was our private link when we shared it with the band, I think they want to keep most of the views on youtube but I don't mind sharing with you all.

https://vimeo.com/282398497/376954f015

Thank you all for the kind words. It was kind of a dream come true to work on something that involved BoC albeit indirectly. Glad that its resonating.

EDIT: the embed didnt work so I put the link in a code block.

Normally you'd just copy/paste that URL in the code block and it's automagically become embedded but I think it's because the link is set to Private that it's not doing so.

Definitely looks a lot better on Vimeo too, wish Youtube would increase the bitrate of video uploads.

Listening to this now accompanied by video makes me appreciate the music even more. Great video, it feels like a work of passion. Thanks for sharing man.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how but I wasn't aware of this remix until a few months ago (I think somebody on twoism mentioned it had just been put up on Spotify) and then this video was created.

Such a killer tune, video is also spot on. Bravo!

Very cool! will you post it on vimeo? Youtube is downgrading the video quality a lot

Here you go. This was our private link when we shared it with the band, I think they want to keep most of the views on youtube but I don't mind sharing with you all.

https://vimeo.com/282398497/376954f015

Thank you all for the kind words. It was kind of a dream come true to work on something that involved BoC albeit indirectly. Glad that its resonating.

That is truly special, it's a beautiful and very unique video. 

Archived