IGNORED

Milieu & Coppice Halifax - Sun Cast

Extralife

https://milieumusic.bandcamp.com/album/sun-cast

While I only just finished listening to this behemoth in full for the first time, I had to take a moment and drop words about this album here. 

A man many of you are familiar with 'round these parts has put together maybe the defining album of his very prolific career.  Of all the music I have been listening to lately (a LOT), no one album has captured my attention quite like this one.  Imagine this: a total runtime of 3 hrs and 23 minutes with NO filler.  Ambient washes, warm melodies, funky grooves -- it's all here.  

It's a lot of music, but so well worth the trip.  Check it out.

So thrilled to have caught a good chunk of that prerelease live stream, thanks again for the tip. I’d agree with your assessment that this, on first listen, appears to be his magnum opus. 8 years in the making and the effort shows. Top tier stuff.

Thanks everyone! You guys are all way too nice to me. I will admit that seeing the words "opus" kicked around are both good and bad for my brain - good because it means the work is being enjoyed, and bad because...well, no one wants to think about the ol' sophomore jinx, especially after like 700+ releases. 

Makes me wonder if other prolific artists get that too? Like do Richard James or Wolfgang Voigt get nervous about the reception of new music, even after all this time? Assuredness just ain't in the cards for me. 

Anyway, no time to get tangential and philosophical here. I'm glad you're digging and supporting the record, and I hope it takes you all another eight years before you get tired of it! 

Thanks everyone! You guys are all way too nice to me. I will admit that seeing the words "opus" kicked around are both good and bad for my brain - good because it means the work is being enjoyed, and bad because...well, no one wants to think about the ol' sophomore jinx, especially after like 700+ releases. 

Makes me wonder if other prolific artists get that too? Like do Richard James or Wolfgang Voigt get nervous about the reception of new music, even after all this time? Assuredness just ain't in the cards for me. 

Anyway, no time to get tangential and philosophical here. I'm glad you're digging and supporting the record, and I hope it takes you all another eight years before you get tired of it! 

I think at this point you're well disqualified from any sophomore jinx. Didn't mean to stress you out my man, just really enjoying this release a lot - thanks again!

Milieu is Mellow U???

giphy.gif

I've not had time to dig into this release yet but dang, thx Mellow U!! Thoroughly enjoy your music, thank you for sharing. 

This album is next up on my radar (once I get a new credit card since I was burglarized last week!!)

I can't wait. Hopefully the card comes quick as my little brother is in town and I want to show him some new music this Friday =)

Milieu is Mellow U???

giphy.gif

I've not had time to dig into this release yet but dang, thx Mellow U!! Thoroughly enjoy your music, thank you for sharing. 

This album is next up on my radar (once I get a new credit card since I was burglarized last week!!)

I can't wait. Hopefully the card comes quick as my little brother is in town and I want to show him some new music this Friday =)

Thanks! I'm only Milieu most of the time. Not usually when I'm here. When I'm here, I'm Batman. 

Burglary fucking sucks! Was it just your card or was it...stuff?

In any case, I am glad to have your ears and your support! Definitely show this shit to your little brother, and everyone else too! Go run down those burglars and beat them in their faces with it! 

I think at this point you're well disqualified from any sophomore jinx. Didn't mean to stress you out my man, just really enjoying this release a lot - thanks again!

You've not got anything to apologize for. I'd have this wonderful persecution complex even if you weren't here enjoying my music! So I am beyond happy to have the support and see others enjoying it. 

As far as a follow-up, I am actually already working on a 5 track EP of really bouncy and fun poppy dance trax. Something short, sweet and easy to break the Sun Cast-shaped walls built up around my studio. Nowhere left to go but FURTHER OUT! 

Milieu is Mellow U???

giphy.gif

Thanks! I'm only Milieu most of the time. Not usually when I'm here. When I'm here, I'm Batman. 

In any case, I am glad to have your ears and your support! Definitely show this shit to your little brother, and everyone else too! Go run down those burglars and beat them in their faces with it! 

Unfortunately it was my visa, bank card, all of my ID, cash, and my custom iPod. =(

Hope we catch the pleb. In the meantime my waifu has suggested we put this newest work on her card, so we should be good for the weekend/little bro visit! I cheated and took a sneak peek at some tracks, absolutely wonderful. This is going to be so good.

Cheers

Stephen and Anna

Milieu is Mellow U???

giphy.gif

Unfortunately it was my visa, bank card, all of my ID, cash, and my custom iPod. =(

Hope we catch the pleb. In the meantime my waifu has suggested we put this newest work on her card, so we should be good for the weekend/little bro visit! I cheated and took a sneak peek at some tracks, absolutely wonderful. This is going to be so good.

Cheers

Stephen and Anna

Damn. That's rough! 

Points for you and your waifu tho, your support goes far further than you might think! I've got a little girl who just started first grade and now none of her fucking clothes fit anymore! 

*hugs*

• 1 month later...

Got this today and it's this autumn's soundtrack ... this summer sucked, summer ended and I didn't even get to enjoy it; there was heat and the loss of a sibling, still I don't want the year to go dark and cold just yet ... this album is a warm and fuzzy aural memory blanket, a sweet remembrance of times gone by. A shimmering tear, a sweet smile. Thank you for this music, it is a good friend. My autumn's blissful sun cast.

Got this today and it's this autumn's soundtrack ... this summer sucked, summer ended and I didn't even get to enjoy it; there was heat and the loss of a sibling, still I don't want the year to go dark and cold just yet ... this album is a warm and fuzzy aural memory blanket, a sweet remembrance of times gone by. A shimmering tear, a sweet smile. Thank you for this music, it is a good friend. My autumn's blissful sun cast.

This is still getting so many plays for me during this hot, humid "autumn" in Houston.  Loving the mix of both Milieu and Coppice Halifax sounds.  Such a great vibe from beginning to end of the 3+ hours.

It would be remiss to not mention the three eps he has put out alongside Sun Cast."Hightide Crush" alone plays out at over an hour.

Hightide Crush by Coppice Halifax:  https://coppicehalifax.bandcamp.com/album/hightide-crush

Sunline Sail by Milieu: https://milieumusic.bandcamp.com/album/sunline-sail

Green Heat by Milieu: https://milieumusic.bandcamp.com/album/green-heat

And if you love this stuff, consider joining his Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/analogbotany/posts

The free discs, discount prices, and exclusive tracks are most definitely worth the price of admission.

Hey thanks guys, just saw this had been bumped! I am the worst at promoting my own stuff, so it's appreciated.

I'm really glad the record has been working well outside of the Summer season, I know I issued it kinda late for that. I was thinking about this though, since I've seen some people saying it was a good Autumn soundtrack and so on, and I think it definitely has hallmarks of Autumn listening I like too, if you look at that on paper. So that's cool. Perception of a thing is arguably more realistic than the actual thing.

Cheers!

P.S. The Patreon is only awesome because the patrons are awesome!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived