IGNORED

Clark - E.C.S.T. T.R.A.X. (12" EP)

sidewinder

Looks like next tuesday from Noon - 2 gmt he'll be doing an NTS show, and he indicates that he is looking forward to playing some 'fresh new material'

KJSzZ4C.jpg

isn't that quite an old photo. Pretty sure it was Photoshopped by someone from watmm years ago during the wheelchair debacle.

Clark for me is thus:

Turning Dragon

Body Riddle

Clarence Park

S/T has its moments for sure (so same as most folks here really'

Didn't really feel Death Pig as an album but the accompanying live show was good.

Move back to Ingerland Mr Clark, pls

yea. my file is dated Jan 20, 2012

i2nfoy.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never though I would live in a world where the new two track EP (commissioned by a sound library company?) from Chris Clark is better than the new 5 track Aphex Twin EP, and yet here we are.

I would have agreed at any time from the Syro era but Collapse is actually really g.o.o.d. This single's still great anyway, the harpsichord track more than the piano one. It feels to me like he comes up with great grooves but then he doesn't really know what to do with them so the tracks fizzle out unremarkably at some point, but still. Really enjoyable

I'm not getting Collapse at all, I think Syro is very good. Will agree that most of Clark's songs these days have a bit of that fizzle out problem (Death Peak had a fizzle in, fizzle middle, fizzle out thing), but I can usually look past it when the meat of the tracks are good, as is definitely the case here. These two tracks are seriously interesting and different and just damned catchy/groovy for the most. Hope he's got more like this in him.

I never though I would live in a world where the new two track EP (commissioned by a sound library company?) from Chris Clark is better than the new 5 track Aphex Twin EP, and yet here we are.

What's your postal address so I can send you an ear cleaning kit

WATMMTM Ear Cleaning Kit 

Feelin this H A R D

They are both very good songs. I'm a bit surprised WATMM is so underwhelmed, if Aphex put out one of these that forum would be full shin high of fanboy jizz

come on guys this is really bad

w r o n g

:)

Berlin ruined Clark.

Uhm, don't you find this kind of offensive?

Harpsichord is amazing, Piano does not much to me or maybe it needs more spins, always waiting for a heavy bassdrum to kick in, which never comes. Anyway this gives me hope that the next full-length could be less fuzzy and more adventurous again  :emotawesomepm9:

Sorry, but why? I kind of like harpsichord now that I've listened to it a couple of times. Piano not so much.

First listen to this EP this morning via Spotify - surprisingly different and honestly doesn't sound like Clark at all. Which, based on his last 3, is a good thing. Seems like he's trying something new. I like it, although it brings to mind some recent, young producers.

The harpsichord track is pretty nice but it’s kind of just there. I really wish he’d turn the corner here and start a new direction. These tracks are promising but they are kind of like that superscope release in that, well, they are just there...

edit: but yea, that mix is super nice. I’ll take more of that!

edit 2: this mix is super dope. There is hope for my boy!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read past comments, just now getting around to this, but reminds me A LOT on the surface of Lorenzo Senni, whose intentions and ideas are wonderful and different but falls kind of flat on my ears when executed. It's not just the lack of percussion or beats either, which I kind of hope come but never do, it just doesn't seem to be as dynamic as other instrumental arpeggio heavy electronic music often is.

Archived