IGNORED

Clark - E.C.S.T. T.R.A.X. (12" EP)

sidewinder

Clark's got a new label, Throttle Records, and a forthcoming EP.

September 21

A - Harpsichord E.C.S.T.

B - Piano E.C.S.T.

106190-1.jpg

https://throttleclark.bleepstores.com/release/106190-clark-ecst-trax

https://www.clashmusic.com/news/clark-launches-new-label-throttle-records

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=42396

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last two albums takes me out of camp clark tbh. 

Death Pig and the self titled one. 

Found there was only one really good track on each of those albums, and both had a number of tracks with really awful sounding looping vocals that I didn't like... =(

A shame for me as I've bought everything up to this point.

Coincidence this is getting released on something other than warp or is he going the way of prefuse73?

We need a poll - has Clark lost his wheelchair?

true true. he has been losing me too. I was such a huge fan of his but he seems stuck in this techno loop. But his shit always sounds amazing, production-wise

In the same camp as you guys - he took a nosedive with Iradelphic and nothing has been interesting to me since. Still curious because I was such a mega fan through Totems Flare and I'm still clinging on to a hope that he'll impress me again.

Coincidence this is getting released on something other than warp or is he going the way of prefuse73?

Curious about this too, although I kind of got the impression that as the quality of his output has decreased, his popularity has increased. That was definitely not the case with P73.

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked Death Peak, once I saw things through the MBV-does-rave lens that he described as being an inspiration. Its definitely less technically interesting than his earlier output, but it's all about the tones, man! The repetitive loops and basic track structures are kind of the point.

Havent listened to much else from him the last few years. I dont think he'll ever top Turning Dragon for me. But I'll always give his music a good chance. I'm sure he's still got plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

Also, as a side note, that new P73 album from earlier this year was fucking great!

etboy is up there with drukqs for me. I was all over his stuff from the jump. Clarence Park was so intimate and innocent. Ceramics is the Bomb was just insane and then Body Riddle turned it all upside down. Amazing progression. But his last few, while good, are just kind of all rehashes of the same techno sound. There is good stuff in all of it, but overall, it just  gets boring. It's sort of lifeless. I don't hear him anymore, I just hear a style. Id like to hear Chris Clark again.

I've never been a huge Clark fan, but I always find something I like from most of his releases (even from the later ones) (though I didn't like S/T album) (but I did like quite a few tracks from Death Peak, Last Panthers and Rellik EP) 

Cheers!

I never though I would live in a world where the new two track EP (commissioned by a sound library company?) from Chris Clark is better than the new 5 track Aphex Twin EP, and yet here we are.

I would have agreed at any time from the Syro era but Collapse is actually really g.o.o.d. This single's still great anyway, the harpsichord track more than the piano one. It feels to me like he comes up with great grooves but then he doesn't really know what to do with them so the tracks fizzle out unremarkably at some point, but still. Really enjoyable

I never though I would live in a world where the new two track EP (commissioned by a sound library company?) from Chris Clark is better than the new 5 track Aphex Twin EP, and yet here we are.

What's your postal address so I can send you an ear cleaning kit

Looks like next tuesday from Noon - 2 gmt he'll be doing an NTS show, and he indicates that he is looking forward to playing some 'fresh new material'

KJSzZ4C.jpg

isn't that quite an old photo. Pretty sure it was Photoshopped by someone from watmm years ago during the wheelchair debacle.

Clark for me is thus:

Turning Dragon

Body Riddle

Clarence Park

S/T has its moments for sure (so same as most folks here really'

Didn't really feel Death Pig as an album but the accompanying live show was good.

Move back to Ingerland Mr Clark, pls

Archived