IGNORED

What's a stem

mushroom

Stem is dutch for voice. Microphones were called stemPELs (stem piezo electric ligament) until somewhere in the mid to late 80s until we caught up and started using mic just like everyone else.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question was already answered. So it's just a bit of fun. I certainly meant no insult to anyone. If anything, I'm emulating my father's response to ambiguous questions, not Aphex's.

I apologize if anyone is insulted.

I will Stop The Entertainment Momentarily.

There, I'm done.

I knew this simple question would set you all off, into a far off land of watmm gibberish (lol). Now where's the zoo keeper with that bucket of chimp grub?

Do you mean a bucket of grub for chimps or a bucket of grubbed chimp meat?

Perhaps off topic, but I feel driven to know.

the trendy new degree type millennials are getting without any notion of how society should develop, or that they will only be able to use their degree in ways that further our broken model of civilization that is hurdling towards the abyss.

also, should be steam, because what is science technology engineering and math without art?

also an ingredient in anti-aging face cream.

nothing to do with music though.

It's a cool new term for good that all the kids are saying:

"that's well stem innit".

I'm just gonna start saying that IRL now. See if it takes, even a little. All my friends know I'm strange already, so nothing to lose.

If it's new slang, I woulda guessed that it would mean "bad" and that it stemmed  :emotawesomepm9:  from getting garbage marywanis, as BaggerMcGuirk had mentioned.

"this gig's stem innit"

I don't know why they call the stems, either. They're fucking layers, like in photoshop. Dr. Bradley Stem just wanted his dick ass last name over his re-invention after losing out to Dr. Gunter Mixdown over the DSP wars (circia 1995-1998).

Archived