IGNORED

The Caretaker - Everywhere at the end of time - Stage Five

someguy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, thoughts after first listen: a lot murkier and more fluid than stage 4, it feels like it's converging into a hazy state of nothingness..

Last 10 mins of the first two tracks where very pleasant collages of sound n memories.

First 8 mins of track 3 where absolutely breathtaking

Last track really crushes your mind, especially if you have heard the rest of the releases over the last two years.. around 9 minutes this huge background theme starts to appear, then it appears again at around 12 minutes and then slowly descends into some of the freakiest atmospheres I have ever experienced in music, I'm at a loss for words man

Wonderful trip, but def a difficult listen.. stoked to listen again and to close off w stage 6 :music:

usual people with the usual correct opinions arent ever in the caretaker threads... but i'm still curious. whats the music like? i hate the way he looks and the pretentious names (like way worse than SOTL and that's saying something) I even think the caretaker name is bad. but this series seems interesting i guess. someone sell me on this please?

usual people with the usual correct opinions arent ever in the caretaker threads... but i'm still curious. whats the music like? i hate the way he looks and the pretentious names (like way worse than SOTL and that's saying something) I even think the caretaker name is bad. but this series seems interesting i guess. someone sell me on this please?

I pirated ' an empty bliss beyond this world ' and it sounds like xanax. Bluetooth that shit somewhere on a speaker in a forest at night and you'll hear what it is. i'm def gonna buy this new one

I have respect for the concept of this project, and as a sonic study of mental health it might mean more to other people.  And that aspect might resonate with me more in the future.  Plus its an interesting way to finish off the caretaker project.

But as a piece of music, to put on to listen to.. For me everything past stage 3, I can´t listen for more than a minute before I actively want to turn it off.  I find it disturbing, and not in a gwely mernans cinematic way but in a real-stress-inducing way

What the fuck you on about? The guy is beautiful.. personally the only reason I listen to his music is cause I want to run my hands through his luscious locks!

But as a piece of music, to put on to listen to.. For me everything past stage 3, I can´t listen for more than a minute before I actively want to turn it off.  I find it disturbing, and not in a gwely mernans cinematic way but in a real-stress-inducing way

I can understand this, personally I had a period where I listened to alot of noise and darker ambient which I guess sedated me to that stress-inducing feel.. but yea these last releases are def not for everyone

(altough id say this one is much more droney/ambienty and less erratic than stage 4)

someone sell me on this please?

imagine the chatmm circle jerk compilation was populated with people of ever increasing stages of dementia. The initial tracks are straight forward and pretty lush piano / nostalgic pieces. By the times its moved along 4 or 5 places these tunes are in a very dark world.

This is truly the best timeline

How many parts will come after this? Any details on that?

there are 6 stages, this is stage 5. last stage will come out sometime next year (may-april)

after that the caretaker project will end (acording to james)

This is truly the best timeline

How many parts will come after this? Any details on that?

there are 6 stages, this is stage 5. last stage will come out sometime next year (may-april)

after that the caretaker project will end (acording to james)

Part 6 is scheduled for March 2019.

I am interested to see if they will do a CD compilation for parts 4-6, given than 4 and 5 would not fit on a CD each.

What the fuck you on about? The guy is beautiful.. personally the only reason I listen to his music is cause I want to run my hands through his luscious locks!

like a more pretentious robert plant

But as a piece of music, to put on to listen to.. For me everything past stage 3, I can´t listen for more than a minute before I actively want to turn it off. I find it disturbing, and not in a gwely mernans cinematic way but in a real-stress-inducing way

I can understand this, personally I had a period where I listened to alot of noise and darker ambient which I guess sedated me to that stress-inducing feel.. but yea these last releases are def not for everyone

(altough id say this one is much more droney/ambienty and less erratic than stage 4)

Yes at your last comment, I haven't given 5 a full listen yet, so my comments were mostly based on experience with stage 4. Dare I say, 5 is thankfully a bit less intense on first impression.

off topic - anybody have the artwork for each stage in high resolution, ie. not google images search?

Bandcamp keeps mid res images that are direct from the artist. But a full scan of the vinyl would get you the highest resolution. And of course all the artworks are digital versions of real paintings by Ivan seal, so the source would be another level of detail. There is a link to the gallery that has his work on the haftw website

Archived