IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Suspiria (OST) (October 26, 2018)

silentvision

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a throwaway really. Pales next to any track on his two solo albums, even some of the Suspiria stuff.

Vangelis is also a hard act to follow, his Antarctica is one of the best soundtracks out there.

So looking forward to this. Can't imagine all the tracks are going to be as good as the one's that have been teased, but I'm very keen to find out!

Pink vinyl gatefold edition is causing major conflict in my mind. I think I'll see how great the whole thing is first, otherwise it'll just be a very sexy but very impractical object.

This is absolutely gorgeous. Very different for him. A Choir for One is worth it alone. Seeing him in Brooklyn at the end of November. I really hope he plays some of this.

definitely not the handful of top tunes and loads of plinky-plonky meandering intrumentals (which is what I was expecting) everything here is done with aplomb and intent

his voice is just incredible and seems to be getting better with age. first play and I'd easily give it a 7.7/10

I listened to this on Spotify, it was good, the track listing was correct and I don't feel cheated.

It seems the best songs have been leaked before the release. It's pretty good, though... maybe aside from the noise stuff towards the end. This one will probably be a grower, like Tomorrow's Modern Boxes was for me.

I'm more excited to hear it in the context of the film than listening to it repeatedly. The track with the squishy sounds especially.

I was day one and a big fan of Thom Yorke's other two, even Amok I dug, but hype for this is more reserved and patient (might wait until after the film releases here). October 26th was a massive day of releases as it is, Robyn's new gem in particular is the priority for the minute.

Looking forward to seeing it.

I hope this doesn't become the Bladerunner 2049 of 2018... if this does bad at the box office, it will be nothin' but reboots for the next 20 years. 

Then again this is kind of a reboot.

Yes. Unmade is beyond amazing. It sounds so fresh.

I had the same experience with the wav files. It was like a part time job sorting them. What year is it? Shouldn’t that be a very simple exercise?

edit: Unmade

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=J0ueIcYrOmo

Sounds sweet. Good to see Thom branching out more. I bet we'll hear strong echos of Susperia on the next Atoms for Peace or Radiohead album.

I just thought Amok was pretty good. I do understand a dislike for some of the tracks though, tho even my least fav track off amok, I liked. I can see someone disliking 'default' off amok... or the title track. A lot of people dislike those types of electronic instrumentals from thom, and he does have this 'cliche' kind of sound to him sometimes, tho I'm a sucker for those tracks.

I love Thoms electronic stuff. Not much into the “spooky” sounds here. Waiting patiently for the release of Two Feet Off the Ground.

I totally forgot about that track.

I remember when I used to listen to the live version of identikit and ful stop, the same way I used to listen to the live versions of xmas evet.

Also, there's 'cut a hole' and 'skirting on the surface'

I dig both Amok and Pablo, I'm particularly fond of the latter. They may be towards the tail end of Thom's discography, well behind Eraser/TMB, but I'd be fine if he releases something on their level.

Archived