'Oska Traveller'
'Photographs of an Object'
'A Constantly Changing Mind'
'Confirmation Bias'
'Riverbed'

LP exclusives:
'Light'
'Plenary'

Various sites have release date listed as 29th September, 5th October and 19th October so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooooo! I <3 FSOL! Haven't been keeping track of other archival releases, would y'all recommend all of them? Some? Which are the best?

When will we see on FSOLdigital?

Hopefully this week.

Wooooooo! I <3 FSOL! Haven't been keeping track of other archival releases, would y'all recommend all of them? Some? Which are the best?

The first four archives are quite patchy - lots of good tracks, but some very obvious 'outtake'-like tracks, and they're all cut up without linking sections so don't flow so well. Worth a listen, but the later ones are better. I think 7 is probably regarded as the best... other than a very Dead Cities-era track, none of it's easy to pin down to a particular era and it could just about pass for a completely new album. 5 is very Dead Cities in tone, 8 is quite a skeletal, heavily electronic record that doesn't really sound like anything else in their catalogue. The first half of 6 is particularly excellent.

They reissued the first 3 volumes I believe with continuous mixes on CD.

They've only been made available digitally so far - don't think there are any plans to release the 'enhanced' versions on CD.

http://www.fsoldigital.com/product/archived-9/ Archived 9 is up for pre-order now, with copies shipping on Saturday for an official release date on Monday. Just ordered the CD and can confirm it comes with a download of the vinyl-only bonus tracks.

^^^ Having only heard 6 and 6.5, I can confirm.

Highly recommended!

Thanks for the tip, Extralife!

I initially passed those Environments albums, but I'm really digging those. I'm still working through the buttload of archives/environments, but the standout tracks that have passed by coincidently were from those 6 and 6.5 environments! Great stuff. :)

First listen: Archived 9 is quite the treat.  Much more focused and IDMish than some of their more soundcapey stuff.  I kinda love that I can't really tell the difference between the new tracks and the older ones.  Really flows nicely as an album here.  The Archives keep getting better and better somehow...

Archived