IGNORED

Dead Can Dance - Dionysus (New LP out November 2nd, 2018)

Goiter Sanchez

New Dead Can Dance LP out November 2nd, Dionysus!

120700-dionysus.jpg

"Dead Can Dance’s new album will hold ‘seven movements’ representing different facets of the Dionysus myth and his cult. The musical form of Dionysus is that of an oratorio, which has informed spiritual and secular pieces of music as far back as the early 16th century."

"Across the two years in which he made Dionysus, Perry & Gerrard gathered together a world-spanning array of percussion including the Daf (Iranian frame drum) and the Fujara (Slovakian shepherds flute). Perry blends all of the album’s elements together using field recordings and chanting, including a goatherd in Switzerland, beehive’s from New Zealand, and bird calls from Mexico and Brazil."

Tracklisting:

ACT I

Sea Borne - Liberator of Minds - Dance of the Bacchantes

ACT II

The Mountain - The Invocation - The Forest - Psychopomp

______

No previews out just yet but you can preorder at the website:

https://www.deadcandance.com/

A European tour is also on the horizon. I really hope they'll come to North America as well!

• 1 month later...

Although I love many of their albums for different reasons, I think it's clearly their best. From the song writing to the production and continuity as an album. iTunes says I've listened to "Song of the Nile" like two or three hundred times.

*throws on Spiritchaser*

Gotta be honest, Spiritchaser is near the bottom for me, I tend to go for the slightly darker / more dramatic ones over the ethnic stuff. Aion, Within the Realm of a Dying Sun and Spleen & Ideal are my top three. The preview track for this one sounds superb though.

Archived