https://yves-tumor.warp.net/release/108595-yves-tumor-safe-in-the-hands-of-love

WARP293_Packshot_Hires-1536176878-640x64

01. ‘Faith In Nothing Except In Salvation’
02. ‘Economy of Freedom’
03. ‘Honesty’
04. ‘Noid’
05. ‘Licking an Orchid’ ft James K
06. ‘Lifetime’
07. ‘Hope in Suffering (Escaping Oblivion & Overcoming Powerlessness)’ ft. Oxhy, Puce Mary
08. ‘Recognizing the Enemy’
09. ‘All The Love We Have Now’
10. ‘Let The Lioness In You Flow Freely’

yeah if you’re going with obvious and blunt lyrics then don’t go with blunt, flat and poor singing. gotta do the David Byrne or Lou Rees style lyrics if you’re not a gifted singer.

anyway this was pretty embarrassing for warp imo, immediately forgettable

Played through some of the tracks, there's something boosted in the mid-high range on every track that's giving me an instant headache. Is anyone else hearing that?

yea. for sure. I can’t do this one.

made me think of the new Gas album. Probably one of my favorites of his but the high pitched stuff makes it unlistenable for me.

Longtime Yves Tumor fan here (since hearing Limerence in 2015). Really enjoyed his last album, which I think hit a magical and intensely personal chord. Unfortunately, it sounds to me that this newest album loses a lot of the charm, magic, and mystery of his previous albums. I found myself listening and waiting for it to take off, but it never really did. At times it felt like there was mostly filler stuffed into things; the vocals were often a distraction and the soundstage cluttered. Perhaps being signed to Warp led to overproduction of tracks? I am definitely not writing off this artist. I am excited to hear what is next, as I believe they are truly talented and have tons of potential. Reminds me maybe of Actress going from Ghettoville to AZD...

Archived