IGNORED

Metallica Covers Prince - When Doves Cry

Joyrex

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's pretty likely that they learned the songs the day of the concert, or are just fucking around.. Metallica have a history of having a section in their concerts where they just mess around, swap instruments etc

but yeah still this is pretty cringeworthy lol

It's kind of funny to consider that even though Slayer's fan fall into the dimwitted redneck/neo nazi territory, they still have a better reputation.

I think that's mostly because they never really changed up their sound/image. I find that a bit boring though tbh.

But that's coming from me, a shameless Metallica fanboy who holds their 90s albums in as high regard as their 80s stuff.. still hate St Anger though.

It's bad but it's clearly just a bit of fun they're having during what's probably around a 2 hour show. Rob's singing is much better on dancing queen but he seems almost a bit embarrassed singing in his girly voice, would've worked on the prince cover as well though.

Gotta respect them for doing this actually, they seem to do a different doodle at every show rather than doing the same shitty cover every time.

And it's also a great opportunity to go take a piss and get a beer if you're at the show, shit takes usually at least 10 minutes at these huge venues.

So bad, that even Lars didn't want to have anything to do with these doodies.

I think that's mostly because they never really changed up their sound/image. I find that a bit boring though tbh.

But that's coming from me, a shameless Metallica fanboy who holds their 90s albums in as high regard as their 80s stuff.. still hate St Anger though.

Load was my first *actual* record ever. Still find the more unknown songs of it interesting, such as Ronnie and 2x4. Poor twisted me is very rock.

Archived