IGNORED

CHATMM CIRCLEJERK COLLECTIF PROJECT - The Same 20 Odd People Wasting Their Lives Away Jabbering on About Nonsense

hello spiral

Ok, so the Circlejerk Project began back in December of 2016.

This was how it began:

n3fk7fD.jpg

Instructions were:

Each player shall come up with a 'primer' track to begin with, something open to corruption possibilities. 

This can be anything. Something you make, something you record, something you find. Your primer track should be between 2 and 6 minutes in length.

Each person in the circle shall then pass this forwards to the person front of them (thus receiving another primer from the person behind)

you will then have 1 week to add something to the track you receive.

There is room for extension if the track is shorter than 6mins but I would prefer we treat them like laminate tracks. Adding something over the top of the base/primer to compliment or jar with it.  A dub.

Editing is still allowed though, as is adding effects.

Rule of thumb is don't be a twat. Let's have something interesting at the end of this.

Also try be aware at the beginning that this will have another 17 things added to it, leave some space etc.

I am aware how contradictory all this advice is :^)

Thematically we're going for something pretty retarded and primitive. Don't overthink or be too cautious.

The inspiration and probable cover for the finished product will be the CHATMM collective MSPAINT: (see tape cover)

Unfortunately things didn't go quite to plan. People dropped out, new people joined. Fucking goldbrickers sat on all the tracks they were receiving.

It kinda died....

...then was revived again. Maybe a year later?

By now the diagram looked like this:

i3TJsm1.png

We set upon it again with fresh faced optimism, got all organised and shit. Did a regroup, saw who had what and in what stage it was at. 

And then....

it died again.

6 months later, someone said "whatever happened to the circlejerk?" and we agreed this was a very valid question.

I put a call out to all participants to send me whatever they had. 

I ended up with 6-7hrs of tracks.

I went through them all and picked out the best bits and tried to fashion them into a semblance of a playlist.

The I went one further and thought it was about time a chatmm comp got a physical release. I've been wanting to start up a tape label for the weirder parts of watmm's musical output for a while so this was ideal.

This is the first release of MEMORY GLANDS, long may it reign

Feast your eyes:

0014330863_10.jpg

0014330867_10.jpg

0014330868_10.jpg

Sync listen will happen in chatmm at 6pm GMT, PM me for details

https://memoryglands.bandcamp.com/album/the-same-20-odd-people-wasting-their-lives-away-jabbering-on-about-nonsense

Listened to the entire thing, gotta say 100% unironically that there are interesting ideas and quite a few enjoyable sound textures on it. Lol'd at the 'skip to the loo' track though.

Ok, so the Circlejerk Project began back in December of 2016.

This was how it began:

n3fk7fD.jpg

great! we finally have the official list of the most fakd up people on watmm. 

*adds names to the ignore list*

:emotawesomepm9: 

• 3 weeks later...

Labias & Genitalmen;

Genderfluids & Intersaxuals:

The wait is over. Do yourselves a flavour, and feast your ears on :

The Same 20 Odd People Wasting Their Lives Away Jabbering on About Nonsense

The madlads in Chatmm bring you that ace, next level shit. Transcend average. Get it whilst supplies last. Limited run c4sse77e. 

Still trying to trim the "unpleasant bits" out of the latest Aphex and Autechre? trust your boy ECZEM, you need this m8. The Circle Jerk is your medicine.

I've got mine, sent with love all the way across the pond:

tumblr_pgkypmLdUb1xhc83bo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgkz6tpb3k1xhc83bo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pgkyyrkeXn1xhc83bo1_1280.jpg

Archived