IGNORED

Objekt - cocoon crush

d-a-m-o

yep this secret snake track is so shpongled i'm considering calling the shpongle bros and letting them know that some obscure "berlin based brit" is stealing their sound. yep, this is damn near sonic plagiarism 

edit: (btw I do have Shpongle's number. do you think I am called Salvatorin for no reason?? shake my damn head)

i enjoy Flatland. some bits more than others but there's some good jams there and nice vibe. makes good listening at work and Strays is a fucking tune!  when the synth choir comes in it's a throwback feel to the 90s late night dance floor moments for me.

^ agreed on all points. his tracks are ridiculously well-crafted but they often have a kind of stiff, overly tidy quality that's slightly frustrating. wasn't a problem in his earlier stuff but as he's started trying to incorporate more abstract, weird elements (stuff that often should sound spontaneous/alive) it's become more noticeable imo. still one of the best producers around though.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking III, and maybe Effector.  The ones that are more "psychedelic" than dark.

I can't recall any time they are trance-y. What album are you referring to?

Edited by outofhand

• 2 weeks later...

Now patiently waiting for the files to be available via Bandcamp. Secret Snakes has turned to be quite a grower, made me pre-order the whole LP, so I'm actually quite eager to listen to the whole thing.

Music has never been that exciting, right? Convinced that the best is yet to come, quite a privilege to hear all those artists we like getting better at their craft, and to endlessly discover so many new, fresh talents.

Edited by Nil

Now patiently waiting for the files to be available via Bandcamp. Secret Snakes has turned to be quite a grower, made me pre-order the whole LP, so I'm actually quite eager to listen to the whole thing.

Music has never been that exciting, right? Convinced that the best is yet to come, quite a privilege to hear all those artists we like getting better at their craft, and to endlessly discover so many new, fresh talents.

yes, exciting time for electronic music ! listening to the album right now, Mind = Blown