IGNORED

If There Are Audio Issues With Your Collapse EP Vinyl

Joyrex

daddy

I shoulda said, in the end the test pressings for collapse passed, we got there.

I heard people had trouble with them and thats a shame, I've listened to 3 from first batch and they were all absolutely fine.

daddy

I always clean my vinyl with a pro cleaner BEFORE i even play them first time, as you get swarf or whatever its called on first few plays of brand new vinyl and if you are precious about your stylus, you should clean that crap out of new records before you play them.

I've made test recordings of brand new records into the computer before and after cleaning and the difference can be dramatic.

Did anyone actually take RDJ's advice and hear if it made a difference on their original and replacement vinyl?

I just had a thought: I am assuming everyone who has issues with their Collapse EP vinyls are comparing them to the digital versions and just aren't assuming there are audio issues, right (i'm probably wrong, but thought it might be worth mentioning). It might also be useful to compare a vinyl recording that is "right" versus your own potentially defective vinyl.

Anyone take Joyrex's advice and compare different versions yet?

I hear some background noise, clicks and pops on the 2116 kbps wav of the collapse ep

Sounds the same on the collapse record I have

now I hear crickets

Btw if anyone's interested I have this kit for cleaning records and can vouch for its effectiveness, although I never used the cleaning solution that comes with it - cunts buy it for like £20 which halves the cost of the kit...so really you're paying for a basin with bristles and a spindle..but it works!

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/knosti-disco-antistat-record-cleaning-unit/544047-01/?currency=GBP&flt=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6PyZ0sHH3gIVS7vtCh2jhg14EAQYASABEgJwnfD_BwE

You can make your own solution out of distilled water, isopropyl and a tiny bit of dishwasher rinse aid, I can't remember the exact quantities

Cleaning the records is a moot point, since if it were an issue with “dirty records” it wouldn’t be a consistent issue on the right channel - it would be affecting both channels.

Yeah I know, I just didn't want anyone to run out and buy a £1k vacuum turntable or whatever just cos daddy1 says cleaning it will fix it.

For the record I never clean new records, just dusty shit I've picked up in markets or whatever. Never even thought about cleaning new ones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All those who complained about the snap, crackle, pop

Did you finally get a "good" replacement vinyl?

collapse:)

No.

why not?

Because they sent the replacement, and the replacement had the exact same problem.

No.

why not?

Because they sent the replacement, and the replacement had the exact same problem.

what about anyone else?

No.

why not?

what about anyone else?

Hello Spiral had about 3 or 4 replacements, all had the same problem also.

Your request (#86408) has been deemed solved.

MB, Nov 5, 12:27 GMT:

Hi Archie

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

There were some issues with some pressings. but the internet made is seem more widespread than it actually was.

We're pleased that your copy, like many others, was fine.

Bleep Stores Support

Archie Novak, Nov 5, 11:51 GMT:

Hello, I ordered my collapse ltd. ed. vinyl from juno and it was perfect. I've compared it to my 2116 kbps wav and it's the same. RDJ listened to three different copies and even he says that there's nothing wrong with the collapse vinyl pressing only clean the record first before playing. I hear the same background noise, pops and clicks on both my record and 2116 wav It's the same. What was everyone's consensus at warp? Have you compared the wav to multiple clean collapse ep's? Is there anything wrong with the pressing? Not to my ears.

Thanks, diatoms

------------------
Submitted from: https://aphextwin.warp.net/account

Everyone should ask for another copy of collapse vinyl

if yours is bunk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

you can clean a poorly pressed vinyl all day and the clicks and pops that are pressed into it at the factory will still be there
i dunno what the deal is but cheetah and collapse were both awful pressings, my distinct impression is that the factory is not properly cleaning the presses between pressings resulting in little clicky artifacts being pressed into the vinyl

it's really disappointing but if i sent back every vinyl with ridiculous show-stopped skips in it i would be sending back a lot... it's interesting how you will never encounter this stuff anywhere on records pressed before say, 200x, but it's fairly commonplace now

Edited by hapbt

31 minutes ago, hapbt said:

you can clean a poorly pressed vinyl all day and the clicks and pops that are pressed into it at the factory will still be there
i dunno what the deal is but cheetah and collapse were both awful pressings, my distinct impression is that the factory is not properly cleaning the presses between pressings resulting in little clicky artifacts being pressed into the vinyl

it's really disappointing but if i sent back every vinyl with ridiculous show-stopped skips in it i would be sending back a lot... it's interesting how you will never encounter this stuff anywhere on records pressed before say, 200x, but it's fairly commonplace now

That's disappointing if it is widespread - you'd think with more modern technology and techniques, issues like this would be mitigated...

it also doesn't help that most of these sales are overseas and mail order so returning the vinyl often would cost everyone involved almost as much as selling the thing in the first place ?
that said, it was disappointing, but by no means 'unlistenable'

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, cern said:

I have the Special Edition Vinyl that I ordered on the release date. 

How do I check if something is wrong with it? 

Play it?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cern said:

I have the Special Edition Vinyl that I ordered on the release date. 

How do I check if something is wrong with it? 

its best to run your tongue across the grooves with the turntable rotating at 45rpm to check for aberrations

• Like 1

• 1 month later...