IGNORED

If There Are Audio Issues With Your Collapse EP Vinyl

Joyrex

As reported by @oscililik and others, some Collapse EP vinyls have audio issues.

If you have such an issue, please reach out to production@warprecords.com, and please provide the following information:

• Where you purchased the record (if you purchased it through Bleep or Aphex Twin directly, contact Bleep customer support - their support link is at the bottom of the Bleep homepage)
  • A photo of the issue (or if it is audio related, a recording)
  • A copy of the purchase receipt or invoice

WARP is committed to quality product and customer satisfaction, so they will attempt to rectify issues like this as best they can.

It's funny that there are problems like this when richard is such a stickler for quality. According to him, the reason they didn't add pthex is because he wanted to make sure the tracks were pressed loud enough.

It's funny that there are problems like this when richard is such a stickler for quality. According to him, the reason they didn't add pthex is because he wanted to make sure the tracks were pressed loud enough.

indeed,

as you posted in the other thread:

iCO6iaa.jpg

indeed,

as you posted in the other thread:

iCO6iaa.jpg

I actually saw that after I posted here. The original post I'm talking about is this: (which is the actual daddy1 account, not the daddy/daddy2 account)

https://www.muut.com/aphextwin#!/comments/release/109100:hey-rich-can-you-release-a

What a bunch of bullshit. Didn't realize I was gonna pay almost 17,- for an ep that doesn't have one of the best tracks on it. There's plenty of labels putting out great sounding records for reasonable prizes, even double ep's if necessary. 

Maybe these quality control issues are worsened by the volume of records that need to be pressed for a major release like this? Is it easier to realize quality products for smaller runs?

Edited by user

Just posting to say that Warp have gone above and beyond here—despite buying my defective record from Norman Records, they have kindly offered to replace the record for me (just the record, my sleeve is okay so they're not replacing that).

Really didn't expect them to be able to do anything here, since I did not buy from Bleep. 

Thanks to James at Warp, and to Joyrex for helping facilitate this.

What a bunch of bullshit. Didn't realize I was gonna pay almost 17,- for an ep that doesn't have one of the best tracks on it. There's plenty of labels putting out great sounding records for reasonable prizes, even double ep's if necessary. 

Maybe these quality control issues are worsened by the volume of records that need to be pressed for a major release like this? Is it easier to realize quality products for smaller runs?

You do get the track via a download code, but if you wanted the vinyl goodness, then no.

My turntable is still down, even if I bring it in for repair this weekend it will probably be a month before I can get it fixed (shop is backed up), I wonder if they will still honor a replacement record in the future? Any recommendations?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

have issues been reported for both versions of the 12?

update: my special edition is fine. my regular 12" is borked

Can someone confirm it only affect regular edition ?

Edited by D4M0

The regular and special edition vinyl are the same are they not? Just a different sleeve. Wouldn't have thought they'd press all the special editions first then do regular ones. I might be wrong. Probably down to when a certain batch were pressed and on which machine.

You do get the track via a download code, but if you wanted the vinyl goodness, then no.

I'm sure it's been noted, but the download version from the Aphex webstore gets you the extra track #6 version as well. But not the blerp store.

The regular and special edition vinyl are the same are they not? Just a different sleeve. Wouldn't have thought they'd press all the special editions first then do regular ones. I might be wrong. Probably down to when a certain batch were pressed and on which machine.

ed are first pressings or something...

Yes, AFAIK both regular and ltd. editions are the same vinyl record, just different sleeves, so anyone with both and one has issues while one does not is likely due to getting one out of the bad batch, and one that is fine.

Apparently the whole run wasn't affected; only a certain amount.

Yeah, I went ahead and bought the ep anyway. Haven't downloaded the bonus tracks yet but still slightly miffed that pthex is considered a bonus track for the vinyl edition. Would've preferred to see the vinyl getting an extra track and warp pressing everything on 2 records. Something they could've done for around 18,- to 20,-. Maybe I'm asking for too much but it doesn't seem unreasonable for what should be a pretty big release from a huge artist. (cummies and ppopy)

My ep seems to be perfectly fine and to me this is some of Aphex's best work. Phtex over abundance any day though.

Took me a while to appreciate how great the production on this is and how interesting the vibe and musical ideas are. A whole album in this collapsy realm would be quite good indeed.

Last edit; now that I'm listening on good headphones my ep is crackly as fuck on the right channel starting about 2/3rds into collapse right into 1/3rd of 1st 44. Maybe it needs a post factory cleaning.

Edited by user