IGNORED

Good Bear Comics

Joyrex

Dogs are insensitive? Is that the joke? Or is it because they're wearing clothes? I'm not sure where the funny is in that one. It's cute, though.

Dogs are insensitive? Is that the joke? Or is it because they're wearing clothes? I'm not sure where the funny is in that one. It's cute, though.

Cats are twats in the workplace and can't see the funny side in "harmless" dog bantz

Good art but 404 humour not found LOL!!

This has been a bugbear of mine for some time. Probably because I end up masochistically browsing imgur during downtime at work (it's one of the few sites not blocked by the overzealous filters here).

There are s o m a n y of these toothless webcomics out there now that don't seem to understand the mechanics of a setup or a punchline. You'd think it was anti-humour but it's not done on purpose.

Pre-internet you'd maybe imagine these existed but in someone's portfolio they'd schlep around to various newspapers, and the grizzled old cartoon page editor would devastatingly critique why their strips fail on nearly all levels and tell them to come back when they've learned how jokes work. Presumably while chain smoking.

But now we live in this age where everyone can share everything they've created instantly. AND they get an audience of fucking numpty imgur browsers who also don't know how punchlines work.

I'm not sure where I was going with this and these in the thread are nowhere near the worst example. Just wanted to vent a bit, carry on.

You could make the same argument about electronic music too. Tonnes of mediocre junk posted online because there's no real quality filter and it's encouraged by everybody else. The world is just becoming diluted with junk, basically.

Good art but 404 humour not found LOL!!

This has been a bugbear of mine for some time. Probably because I end up masochistically browsing imgur during downtime at work (it's one of the few sites not blocked by the overzealous filters here).

There are s o m a n y of these toothless webcomics out there now that don't seem to understand the mechanics of a setup or a punchline. You'd think it was anti-humour but it's not done on purpose.

Pre-internet you'd maybe imagine these existed but in someone's portfolio they'd schlep around to various newspapers, and the grizzled old cartoon page editor would devastatingly critique why their strips fail on nearly all levels and tell them to come back when they've learned how jokes work. Presumably while chain smoking.

But now we live in this age where everyone can share everything they've created instantly. AND they get an audience of fucking numpty imgur browsers who also don't know how punchlines work.

I'm not sure where I was going with this and these in the thread are nowhere near the worst example. Just wanted to vent a bit, carry on.

then again newspaper strips are also garbage for the most part

You could make the same argument about electronic music too. Tonnes of mediocre junk posted online because there's no real quality filter and it's encouraged by everybody else. The world is just becoming diluted with junk, basically.

A vast sea of mediocrity as I've put it. I told a friend of mine that ironically as I grow less cynical and put less effort in disliking certain popular music I am nonetheless more picky and skeptical than ever because there's SO MUCH derivative yet quality music out there.

You can literally decide, granted if you have talent, to pick a very niche genre or style of music, and learn how to emulate every instrument, timbre, production technique and then tailor your image, fashion, and persona within a day or two. You can bullshit being punk, DIY, or avant-garde and get away with it. You can a completely disingenuous musician in a "sincere" underground genre like garage rock or experimental music or [insert other non-mainstream style here] People do this to get hyped or start trending all of the time. 

I don't know enough about comics to say it of this one. I like it a-ok. That's the other rub, there's no harm in people finding stuff that's arguably meh and loving it. It's just the narrative of pop art that's warped and the rather bleak reality that it's more advantageous in terms of appeal, fame, and financial success to be safe than to be truly unique or novel 

They're horrendous on every possible conceivable level. Not fit for purpose and should not be in the public domain

Can't even believe I read them..two hours later still exasperated that someone bothered to "create" shite like this. Where does the blame lie for their hellish fucking existence. The creator or the distributor

If the joke is that dogs are insensitive, why is the HR director a dog?

I have a hard time interpreting the dog's facial expression in the last pane. Does this mean I have the disease of autism?

It's sexually aroused now.

I have a hard time interpreting the dog's facial expression in the last pane

It's reached peace. It can't believe it's been put on a trams educational course on account of its actions against a two spirit cat so it's just sitting there with smug disregard for the snowflake society it's been born into.

These are horrendous

They're horrendous on every possible conceivable level. Not fit for purpose and should not be in the public domain

Can't even believe I read them..two hours later still exasperated that someone bothered to "create" shite like this. Where does the blame lie for their hellish fucking existence. The creator or the distributor

everyone who doesn't like these comics

just know that you agree with Schlitze

and that automatically makes your opinion wrong

so

ya know

just, keep that in mind.

Well, they're self-published, so...

Archived