IGNORED

NTS is the worst ae release in a while

coax

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. For the time being you don't need to keep banging on about not liking it though.

Someone posted their thoughts and I agreed to them. At which point someone asked me a question so I responded. Others are doing the exact same thing.

Seems reasonable enough to me? But yes I agree, not much to be gained in posting/agreeing with someone who has articulated (well) my thoughts on the release.

In WATMM 3.0 will there be an analytics/trending capability so we can run queries on things like this: what % of Bulk VHJ's posts in 2018 relate to his dislike of NTS?

Like, 2% at this point lol. More posts on OPN.  :cisfor:

What about stuff like VI Scose Poise, Sim Gishel, Bine, Fold4 Wrap5?

Well guys? Anyone feel like explaining how stuff like this fits into the 'ae tracks used to always have a lot of progression' narrative? I'm genuinely curious.

What about stuff like VI Scose Poise, Sim Gishel, Bine, Fold4 Wrap5?

Well guys? Anyone feel like explaining how stuff like this fits into the 'ae tracks used to always have a lot of progression' narrative? I'm genuinely curious.

There's no such narrative? These tracks have progression though, so it's a matter of defining when it becomes "a lot of" progression and i doubt it could be defined or counted. There's always some type of progression even in the most monotone NTS tracks, but it's not enough to keep someone's attention and that's arbitrary.

• 2 weeks later...

I like most of NTS but I wish all the tracks were like half as long. Need a neural network trained to edit music to do this for me so I don't have to and ruin the release for myself in the process

Nah [imo, obviously !] the track lengths are perfect - They all need time to fully develop into their own wild universe...

like the way t1a1 progresses is much more fitting of a 9-10 minute track than an 18+ one. I love how it sounds but it wears thin

I feel like tt1pd is the only track really deserving of its length, and even then I think the second half could be trimmed up a bit.

like the way t1a1 progresses is much more fitting of a 9-10 minute track than an 18+ one. I love how it sounds but it wears thin

I feel like tt1pd is the only track really deserving of its length, and even then I think the second half could be trimmed up a bit.

photo-19870.png

Archived