IGNORED

First look at Jauquin Phoawnics as Joker

T3551ER

I don't know if this deserves it's own topic. I thought about putting it in the films recently watched but it's not a film recently watched. Then I thought putting it in the Danke Memes topic but I don't know if this is a meme. Or if it's dank. Anyway, I'll just leave this here:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

joker = mysterious/unknown origin story.  first jack nicholson did his version which was pretty campy and not edgy really... but obviously heath ledger's version resonated and now it's something people want to see again done in that darker way. people wanted more of ledger's version so are that void is gonna be filled for better or worse. 

no mention of jared leto's version because lmao what a fucktard. 

i think the new one will have a coen brother's 'filter' on it and i read somewhere.. probably reddit.. that it's sort of the joker in a serial killer type of moment in his personality development... when still human but embracing madness.. or something. 

if it's a good story then the comic universe doesn't matter too much anymore.. they can focus in on whatever they want. 

there's some still pics around as well. it could be really terrible or just mediocre cringey

_0ca3b9e4-bef4-11e8-aa2b-bfb0450a5721.jpjoaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joke

i'm sure this is hardly an original opinion or anything but they really should have just fucking let the joker chill for a bit after heath. if that fucking suicide squad piece of shit film hadn't come first, then this might be more welcome. also just batman in general - chill the fuck out with this ben affleck bs. it's like they know they'll never top the nolan films so they just commit to doing lazy bullshit instead.

100%

holly wood out of ideas? you mean you aren't glued to the TV watching the Magnum PI reboot or all excited about the return of Murphy Brown? 

they're making a "bumble Bee" from the transformers.. origin movie for fuck's sake and another Halloween where jamie lee curtis gets to kill mike meyers.. flol. 

holly wood just throws as much shit at the wall as possible to see what sticks. 

Chinese market and people who go to movies in the states do so as a loud dumb fun escape. Indie film oriented theaters in major cities and streaming deals have let smaller original films find their own niche. 

I feel like it's come full circle - a lot of Hollywood films in the first half of the 20th century were remakes and adaptions of books and plays.

The DC movies are a goddamn mess. They fired Superman, Batman wants to quit, make multiple Joker movies concurrently with different actors? They can't decide if Flash or Cyborg even deserve solo films, cancelled Justice League part 2 (thankfully), and Shazam looks fucking ridiculous.

But what we really need is a Battlefield Earth sequel. Or Psychlols origin movie.

battle field earth mini series ftw!

still one of the funniest movies of all time. CRAP lousy ceiling!

The DC movies are a goddamn mess. They fired Superman, Batman wants to quit, make multiple Joker movies concurrently with different actors? They can't decide if Flash or Cyborg even deserve solo films, cancelled Justice League part 2 (thankfully), and Shazam looks fucking ridiculous.

And this is the one costume they didn't want to change? Jesus.

Archived