IGNORED

First look at Jauquin Phoawnics as Joker

T3551ER

Kumquat Flangebits will make a p good Joker I think. I'll probably see it. I mean why not if it's there? I can't watch nothing but depressing dramas all the time. Sometimes I need a depressing action film.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He funded the GG Allin documentary through selling paintings by that paedo clown killer, his name escapes me and I can't be arsed to google, but that's kind of a link to the Joker there. It will still be instantly forgettable.

He funded the GG Allin documentary through selling paintings by that paedo clown killer, his name escapes me and I can't be arsed to google, but that's kind of a link to the Joker there. It will still be instantly forgettable.

John Wayne Gacy. Phillips also directed The Hangover trilogy, and co-wrote Borat.

i just want a daredevil type batman netflix series. like a good take on the lore. not some edgy alternative take but just a good honest entertaining live action take on it. i think that is something that we've never had on this material. it's always some stupid hollywood take on things.,

edit: let me say it one more time... "take"

also this has to do with this joker thing that you know... more edgy hollywood shit on this lore but never an honest take on the actual lore that has been established in the comics since forever. 

i'm a batman fan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

this point has probably been made already, but isn't the whole point of the joker that we don't actually know why he is the way he is? an origin story is part counterproductive part uninteresting. disappointed in jaqcuelyn philbin

i'm sure this is hardly an original opinion or anything but they really should have just fucking let the joker chill for a bit after heath. if that fucking suicide squad piece of shit film hadn't come first, then this might be more welcome. also just batman in general - chill the fuck out with this ben affleck bs. it's like they know they'll never top the nolan films so they just commit to doing lazy bullshit instead.

QFT

I paused at the writing on the notepad. He was writing a joke: The worst part about having a mental illness is that people expect you to behave as if you don't.

That is a heck of a joke.

It kind of slipped under my radar that this is supposed to be the 'how the joker became' but tbh I should've expected it because hollywood.

I thought this is supposed to be joaochim's take on the joker, and kind of thought he's going for the deeper dark take, like the horror of the suffering person from the inside, not really becoming the murdering psycho, rather to show just how much pain 'normal' people can bring to a person who isn't fitting in, as opposed to a 'vanilla' murdering psycho spreading terror among 'innocent' everyday people.

So I guess my initial good impression upon seeing this trailer is now moot? Not really sure though... I mean "smile when you're broken inside?" it works I guess, just not upfront...

So, I'm willing to give this one a chance, it looks to be borrowing heavily from Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke" which is one of, if not the best Joker story written for Batman. Joaquin Phoenix is a decent actor as well, maybe he'll channel some of that unstable intensity he had in The Master. 

Archived