IGNORED

Aphex Twin - is it OK to only like the bits that sound nice?

zazen

Oh I was just saying that as an excuse for a pun.

A tank is just a character archetype/class that tanks a lot of health, basically the defense/shield for a team, protecting other people who have less health.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I was just saying that as an excuse for a pun.

A tank is just a character archetype/class that tanks a lot of health, basically the defense/shield for a team, protecting other people who have less health.

i googled it in the meantime m8

now I'm confused i think i got it at first but then you said something and after i said something else and on and on and on and now i don't know when to stop. soz dude :D

Wait, which organ track? I would think you'd dig 28 organ with your style. But hey you like what you like

28 organ or acid organ. I love 28, but honestly it took a while for me to really get into it fully verses  just liking the bits that sounded nice. But then again, it's always nice to like the bits that sound ok.

edit: nvm you meant 28 organ 99% sure. heh

Alan Ord, on 26 Oct 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Aphex Twin - is it nice to only like the bits that sound ok?

auxien, on 26 Oct 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Aphex Twin - is it okay to only like his music because he once owned a tank?

Aphex Twin - I Only Like the Bits that Sound Nice Because you do

• 2 months later...

it's actually a good question and observation

Like I just want to skip to that part in abundance when the pads come in, avoiding that stuttery percussion in the beginning, but still end up listening to it in its entirety just out of politeness.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Very often I'm thinking 'I dont like this bit but RDJ presumably knows why it has to be here so I'll politely listen and wait for the good bit that comes later'

I had to relisten to T69 to fully appreciate this thread because I gad only listened to it twice and didn't even notice distinct sections the first coupla times. I have found most of what RDJ has donevsince his comeback very flat, lacking the dynamic range that everyone here is describing.

Syro in particular... At no point does it feel intense, or ambient, happy or angry etc. It just feels very moderate consistently throughout, I couldn't tell the difference between one track and another. At best I felt like it captured melancholic drudgery which I think is artistically valid and beautiful in its own right but in not sure that's what he was going for and it never really won me over.

I like Collapse a bit more but compared to Drukqs and everything before it, still very flat, and still feels gloomy and melancholy but in a way that seems to click with me more.

Anyway in regards to the original question, I don't think it's a "all or nothing" scenario. I think people can listen to music however they want to.

Personally, I have grown to appreciate how dynamic Drukqs is. I used to hate 54 Cymru Beats but now I like how it contrasts with tracks like Vordhosbn and the piano tracks. Makes it feel like a journey.

Syro in particular... At no point does it feel intense, or ambient, happy or angry etc. It just feels very moderate consistently throughout

What about the two circlont syro tracks? The more I listen to them, the more I realize how dynamic and rich of emotion they are. New solution in connecting elements and satisfactory up tempos there 

Syro in particular... At no point does it feel intense, or ambient, happy or angry etc. It just feels very moderate consistently throughout

What about the two circlont syro tracks? The more I listen to them, the more I realize how dynamic and rich of emotion they are. New solution in connecting elements and satisfactory up tempos there

Can't remember those, will give them a listen some time... Perhaps I'm not listening carefully enough, perhaps subtle is a more appropriate word than flat.

The tracks on that album are all wildly different for the most part, so I think you should probably give it a few more listens if you're not able to differentiate between tracks yet.  Dynamically it is flat though, in the sense that everything is loud the whole way through.  Tons going on, but all within the loud dynamic.  Not loud *harsh*, just loud.  Smooth loud.

Archived