Sign in to follow this  
zazen

Aphex Twin - is it OK to only like the bits that sound nice?

Well aren't you going to post it?

I make that track every day to the annoyance of people near me. Perhaps I should record these ”tracks”.

If I made my own edit of T69 Collapse with the middle bit chopped out, would that be some kind of sacrilege?

We should make a compilation of classic IDM tracks fixed by Watmm, with phudoshin's Coathanger edit and whatever else

takes umbrage.. i was young and foolhardy
You were 48

Though I suppose a track sequenced from beginning to end with moaning and flatulence sounds would be pretty weird.

Here's mine, or close enough I guess:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3307984935 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=2406539571]

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

I laughed pretty much the whole time then hard when the track 'climaxes' at 1:10. 

Haha yeah that track is great.

My track in question is on another computer and not posted anywhere online... but here's a different track from the same project that also misuses many bodily sounds.  Definitely a must hear for those of you who only like the bits that sound nice.  It's from an album I made with my ex where each track was made in a night, occasionally assisted by one substance or another.  She coined the term "Brutal Whimsy" to describe our sound:

https://moonzoomer.bandcamp.com/track/hurky-jerky-hork-chop

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

*shit, missed the edit deadline while trying to sort this embedding problem out.  Here's the same track properly embedded for watmm perusing.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1144092619 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=1773263002]

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Though I suppose a track sequenced from beginning to end with moaning and flatulence sounds would be pretty weird.

Here's mine, or close enough I guess:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3307984935 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=2406539571]

I think you proved that source material is immaterial to making an awesome track. Honestly, its sequencing outshines its hilarity.

Edited by eczem

I only like the bouncing ball bits of Bucephalus Bouncing Ball, I wish it was longer.  The rest is not lush.

Good question though - I think every artist has output that fans will not agree on.  There is no "perfect" discography from anybody (apart from autechre)

There is no "perfect" discography from anybody (apart from rdj) fixt:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

There is no "perfect" discography from anybody (apart from autechre)

Who member?

Who member?

I remember:)

There is no "perfect" discography from anybody (apart from erdigger) fixt:)

Who member?

do u tho?

Who member?

do u tho?

yes:)

autechre meh...

I think a big part of what makes the works of RDJ so great is this contrast between the pure melodies and the more experimental robotic sound. The duality binds them together. An analogue in the world of food can be sweet and sour. Without both parts it become bland and doesn't stand out as a whole. But i'm completely fine if you only want to pick the cherries from the cake as well.  :emotawesomepm9:

*shit, missed the edit deadline while trying to sort this embedding problem out.  Here's the same track properly embedded for watmm perusing.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1144092619 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=1773263002]

Ok nevermind I can get weirded out by tracks. Goiter's track didn't weird me out, but the last half of yours is uneasy. I just can't reconcile the anger with the flatulence (diarrhea? vomit?).

Edited by Brisbot

Avril 14th is his only good song, everything else is a load of ass.

Ventolin is absolutely fantastic.  What a bunch of lames.  Your Aphex Twin fan card has been revoked.  Go listen to Kenny G instead.

killabyte, I appreciate the restraint you have shown in this matter.

... I just can't reconcile the anger with the flatulence (diarrhea? vomit?).

FLOL