IGNORED

Aphex Twin - is it OK to only like the bits that sound nice?

zazen

I can’t imagine not being able to recognize the Circlont tracks off the bat. Not trying to disparage anyone but aside from XMAS and Minipops, the Circlont tracks were the ones that popped the most on first listen. It was only after a couple listens that the awesomeness of 4bit began to sink in.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t imagine not being able to recognize the Circlont tracks off the bat. Not trying to disparage anyone but aside from XMAS and Minipops, the Circlont tracks were the ones that popped the most on first listen. It was only after a couple listens that the awesomeness of 4bit began to sink in.

I read here on watmm that for many people 4bit and syro u473 were first love tracks!

They were my last revelations off syro

4bit's a really hard track for me to remember for some reason I can't understand. I can easily picture every other track. No idea why this is. It's totally bad ass, I just can never remember it.

Me too but that's why I like it, still not totally incorporated in my mind

Syro in particular... At no point does it feel intense, or ambient, happy or angry etc. It just feels very moderate consistently throughout

What about the two circlont syro tracks? The more I listen to them, the more I realize how dynamic and rich of emotion they are. New solution in connecting elements and satisfactory up tempos there

I gave both of those a listen, individually, and I have to admit I like them a lot more than I did when the album came out.

I'm gonna try listening to each track individually for a bit. Maybe I was actually overwhelmed by how much is packed into each track, so my brain just averaged it all out into one flat sounding clump :P

Thanks watmm for encouraging me to give this album another chance.

absolutely, the circlont's were the first tracks i loved on syro. everything else took a little longer to sink in. the vocals on circlont14 are so beautiful, gives me feels v similar to mt st michael's mix

Archived